• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Frozen Review

disneylovin24

~Let It Go~
To start off, I had NO interest in seeing Frozen just a week ago. I don't watch a lot of TV anymore so I didn't see it advertised and just had heard that it was supposed to be great. Just hearing wasn't enough to make me excited. Disney movies in recent years like Tangled, Princess and the Frog, Brave and so on had done nothing for me so I wasn't going to go jump and see another Disney movie since I think Disney animation had lost its magic (not Pixar though!).

While in WDW however I finally heard the soundtrack and the music peeked my interest. I started listening to the soundtrack more and fell in love with the music before even seeing the movie! So, of course I had to go see the movie and ended up going in with SKY HIGH expectations which were met without a doubt.

WHAT A MOVIE! I grew up in the 90's with Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King and so on and IMO it does compare. I truly think it is the best Disney movie since the Lion King and fits right in with Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Little Mermaid and Aladdin (my favorite Disney films). I don't even know what it is but something about this movie is just incredible.

I liked Tangled and the Princess in the Frog but neither blew me away and my biggest problem with them is that IMO they didn't seem like Disney movies. Both seemed more like they came from DreamWorks or another company. Not Frozen, Frozen screamed Disney and fit right in with Beauty and the Beast and the films I named above.

I really can't think of an element of the film I didn't like. I liked the twists, I liked Olaf (comic relief and so loveable, the movie was better with him in it), I liked all the other characters and the music I am obsessed with!

I just had to share that I went from having no interest in this movie to being obsessed and finding what I think is another Disney classic. I think 20 years from now Frozen will be just as popular and it has lasting appeal. Just a Disney classic.

EDIT
Saw it in 3D and that did add to it. There were a few times I thought it was snowing in the theater!

Also, the short before it was just as incredible. Just overall a great day at the movies!

loved it too! Seen it 5 times! But that's nothing compared to my friend who has watched it almost every single day! Love the music and find myself singing lyrics once and a while, however "Let it go" is getting on my nerves a little but still love everything about frozen! :love:

:thumbsup2
I am so glad you loved it! Welcome aboard. Your distinctiveness will be added to the collective.:laughing:

Now you have to watch it again. I found people like it more with a second and third viewing. Fantastic animation, great music, characters with depth, and a wonderful story with important messages. What isn't to love.

I too think it is going to be a cultural phenomenon that will continue to be an important part of this generation's life. You might want to check out the Disney Frozen on Ice show if it comes near you this fall.

The perfect fairy tale ending!
The movie is really about all of us learning that we can share our unique qualities with the world, as long as we also develop the maturity and responsibility to understand how our powers work and when it's the right time and place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter