My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and eve

Dang I’m trying to find a good way to get a seat belt on to my new chair. (This is the one I’m using now)

3A08658E-31CA-4A97-9C0F-08FBDB5362E9.jpeg

Dang I’m trying to find a good way to get a seat belt on to my new chair. (This is the one I’m using now)

View attachment 683570

OK, please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm really worried that this chair might *not* be right for you...

If you *need* a seatbelt for your chair, purchasing a chair that does not have one installed by default might not be the best thing for you - and your long-term happiness and ability to use the device.

I don't know everything that is going on with your health, and your ability to use a chair with or without a seat belt, just... as your friend, based on your questions here, I am concerned.

I use a fold and go for any long distance walking or standing. Also I’m just learning to use it. Since it has no key how do you prevent theft when on an attraction?

I use a fold and go for any long distance walking or standing. Also I’m just learning to use it. Since it has no key how do you prevent theft when on an attraction?

No one will steal your chair. I promise.

In all the years I have been hanging out here, we have had exactly one story of a rental ECV “theft”. It wasn’t exactly a “theft” however… 2 people had rented the exact same ECV from the same company. To the casual observer, they were identical, and the other Guest hopped on the first one they saw, and…. It all got sorted in the end, so I’m not sure if it was really so much a “theft” as a “borrowed” situation! And having keys is zero theft deterrence anyway, because you can go online and buy keys for all of the major ECV manufacturers if you want to.

At WDW, you are NOT allowed to chain or otherwise lock your device to any WDW property (like a bench, or a fence, or a trash can). Guys with bolt cutters and really cranky looking security folks in tow show up and stop that really quickly.

Back to your F&G. If you are really worried, all you have to do is pop both of the batteries out of position ever so slightly, so that they don’t make contact. That way, if someone were to turn it on, it would appear “dead”. The F&G is still so lightweight that they could easily push it out of the park, but it won’t happen. There are always CMs around, and frankly, given how much it costs to get in to a WDW Park, most thieves are going to head to the Resorts where free, and it’s much easier to get in, and get out with high value items that people tend to leave in hotel rooms (like laptops, jewelry and credit cards)

Remember that CMs can - and will - move mobility devices around while folks are riding rides to help keep walkways clear. Don’t be concerned about that - just be sure to “mark” your chair with a brightly colored bandana or a length of brightly colored grosgrain ribbon (grosgrain holds up better in the rain) so that you can tell the CMs who are moving things around that you are looking for the chair with the purple and green striped ribbon, or the chair with the bright yellow bandana!

FYI, I got the seat belt to wrap around the back. All I had to do was flip up the back flap and thread it through.

DF2F09C2-86B5-4D5F-9DF5-B3DCAB80D5A6.jpeg
Also, Groot found a new place to hang out. DF1B3978-45F0-490B-B63C-1F42B6AB3B97.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey guys, for those of you who have Magshocks, can you show me what the best way is to do a TWO PERSON lift into an SUV?

Hey guys, for those of you who have Magshocks, can you show me what the best way is to do a TWO PERSON lift into an SUV?
I don’t have any pictures, but we have used a cable to tie down the folding foot rest to the top of the chair. After securing it so it won’t open, we each grab a side and then lift it up. It’s easy to do so with no complaints.

Congratulations on your purchase! I almost chose purple too!! I ended up with turquoise because my daughter (10) said it was the best color. I really wanted slate! Love the personal touches you added as well. I too placed 2 hooks on the back and a stroller bag to keep the hooks from moving!

I don’t have any pictures, but we have used a cable to tie down the folding foot rest to the top of the chair. After securing it so it won’t open, we each grab a side and then lift it up. It’s easy to do so with no complaints.
Okay, now where on the chair did you grab? My mom used to grab the arm supports on my old chair, but since those don’t exist on the new model I need a solution.

Also, before I forget, where’s the little tab on the batteries to release them from the sides should I need to take them out?

Last edited:
...Also, before I forget, where’s the little tab on the batteries to release them from the sides should I need to take them out?

Check out this YouTube video. It's a few years old, but the same concept applies. Make sure that when you install the batteries, you are facing *towards* the chair, and that the little charging port is at the *bottom* of the "front" of the battery as you install it.

Reactions: cm8
Okay, now where on the chair did you grab? My mom used to grab the arm supports on my old chai, but since those don’t exist on the new model I need a solutio.

Also, before I forget, where’s the little tab on the batteries to release them from the sides should I need to take them out?
The middle of the foot rest to the middle of the bar on the back of the chair.

The Batteries just slide right out. You just pull the lip sticking out.

Hi I'm new to the party. A big thanks for Ray, Mamabunny and Groot for all the great information. I have been considering purchasing the Magshock chair, purple of course. ;). I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. My eyes got really tired around page 9. I am not sure which of the accessories I need. I can't afford to buy everything. I was wondering which of the accessories you think are essential and which are nice additions. I'm really hoping future iterations of the joy stick will include a phone charging port and lights can be integrated into the design at some point. It looks like a great chair that is built to last. I have the Glion scooter which I like but I wanted something smaller to get into smaller spaces. Thanks in advance for your advice. I'd love to see how you personalized your own ride. Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter