Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Having a temp of 102 at AK

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Having a torn retina at AK

Votes: 39 48.8%
  • Missing your fast pass for FOP

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
I am so sorry this has happened to you. I hope you have thrown those Mickey ears in the trash! I have had w issues with my retinas and its not fun. Definitely tell the front desk of your dilemma and maybe something can be done. Please let us know how you make out tomorrow.

First, thanks so much for the prayers and well wishes and support. It's really nice to be able to vent with people who understand the loss-of-Disney side of a medical issue. I just had the procedure done (cryogenic freezing) for 2 retinal tears. Ouch! But I'm Very relieved that it was fixable damage!

We stopped at guest services here at the Dolphin to tell what happened and how we lost 2 park days, so far, and that the doc was iffy about me going to MVMCP tonight. We wanted to know if we just lost those tickets and Fast passes or if we could get some kind of voucher or credit for the wasted tickets or unused party tickets on a future trip.

The Disney cast member could not have cared any less. She Did not even say anything at all like "oh so sorry to hear that." Her only response was that she really doesn't know since they are military tickets and here's a card. She said to Email guest Svcs and ask. They should get back to me in 3-4 days. What?!?

She wasn't really even listening to me. We're trying to decide if we should just go to the party and sit around and observe and take it easy. Could we go tomorrow instead? What should we do? I mean this is a LOT of money going to waste for us.
CM answer: I guess that's up to you.

I'm no guest relations genius but shouldn't you at least PRETEND to be sympathetic toward your guest's situation?

So we are thinking it over and I'm just going to see how my eye feels as the anesthesia continues to wear off. It's really sore but I guess it will be sore whether I sit around a hotel room or MK.

Not magical at all. No fun to see all the planning just going down the drain. This is our third day and so far all we have done is ridden Star tours and Toy Story and attended JBJB dessert party. Wah.

Also, does anyone know how long my remaining two park days from my Stars and Stripes military ticket will be valid? ☹️

From experience, I can tell you if you go to guest relations and tell them what happened, they can either give you those days back or reimburse them. As I am sure you know, just be nice, be patient, let them know that you want the ability to enjoy the parks and ask if there is anything they can do. You may be surprised by the pixie dust.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not standard Disney practice, but with medical circumstances they have been known to accommodate.

Having had major eye surgery. I am perfectly happy with my broken foot.
My first response to your situation? Whoa, that sucks. prayers sent your way

Having had major eye surgery. I am perfectly happy with my broken foot.
My first response to your situation? Whoa, that sucks. prayers sent your way

Thank you.
Yes it hurt. SO MUCH. I'd say it hurt more than delivering a child but maybe it's just because all the pain is concentrated in a tiny area. On the upside, you don't have to worry about putting anyone through college after eye surgery.

Sorry about your foot.

OP, I like your sense of humor.
Please talk to someone else, what one CM won't do another will do with a smile on their face. i would also email. glad to hear you're out of surgery, god speed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter