my review of AKL

allicat

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>
Just returned from a 9 night stay at AKL!
It was wonderful and I would recommend this resort to anyone.
We didnt have a savannah view(our room overlooked the lobby, which I liked and the view was of the thatched area of the roof) and we still had ample opportunity to view the animals. There are several areas to view the animals.I enjoyed the one viewing area with rocking chairs set up on the lobby level.
I just loved the whole feel of this resort. The lobby was very inviting- its filled with lots of couches and comfy chairs to relax. Down one end there are chairs set around a fire place(looks like a fire pit)It doesnt give off much heat and we enjoyed sitting there relaxing.
The pool is great! Its very large- (I love the Polynesian but the pool is way too small!) This size of the pool was a nice surprise. The hot tub is a good size. I think the capacity is 18 people- although I never encountered that many!DD gave the pool slide a thumbs up.
The restaurants didnt disappoint. We had dinner at Jiko one evening and Boma for breakfast. I think that breakfast buffet is one of the best on property!
I found the food court suited our needs. They had delicious muffins, which were great for quick breakfasts.
There is African story telling on some nights and all of the CM's were friendly and helpful!
All in all, despite the rainy weather, it was a wonderful stay at AKL!
If you have any questions, please ask!

Great review, thanks! How was the transportation to and from the parks?

Was your room considered a standard view? What trail were you on and, if you don't mind, what was your room #? We're going in July and I'm trying to come up with a room request to fax. Thanks!

Wonderful! We're hoping to stay at AKL standard view in October. Do tell what trail you were on!

Our room was considered standard view on the 5th floor, room 5102. We were in between ostrich and giraffe trail.
Our room was right in the center of the resort and around the corner from the elevator. While you waited for the elevator, there was a view of the pool.
When you opened the door of our room, you looked down to the third floor lobby. I liked the convenience of this location. One night,I got lost looking for the laundry room and saw just how large each floor is, so i really appreciated our location.
With our view, we didnt see any of the parking lot, just the over hang of the roof. We were directly above the main entrance which was obscured by the thatched roof.
I think if you are looking for a short walk to the elevator and main entrance where the bus stop is, then the center of the resort is the best bet!

Forgot to mention, the bus service was excellent. One morning the MK bus was filled and there was another one within 5 minutes! There was a CM at the bus stop in the mornings with a clipboard- I think she was keeping track of the buses. We never waited more than 5- 10 minutes for the buses!

Glad to hear you had a great trip. Thanks for posting. We stayed at the AKL twice last year and just love it.

Sounds like you an absolutely wonderful time!

Thanks for posting, a few weeks ago we stayed at AKL and we loved it. it isn't out of the way like some people say, although we had a car. it was just about looking at the wildlife outside your widow or the wondows along the corridors, it was a nice feeling like you were away from the hub bub or the busy times at disney, relaxing yet so invigerating. :)

I just thought of another question. I love water, waterfalls etc... Does the AKL have allot of running water, streams, waterfalls etc... like the Wilderness Lodge?

Thanks for the report! We will be there from 9/29-10/6 or more if I can squeeze some extra days out of my vacation time! Can't wait to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter