My sister has a question about 5 day hoppers...

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
Does anyone know if they are planning on raising their price in the near future? Also, are the planning any other changes to the pass? She remembers when a regular 5 day hopper even got you into the water parks. Now you need a hopper plus. She says she needs a "disney fix"...can anyone help?

If memory serves, Disney typically raises prices twice a year. However, the economy being what it is, who knows, maybe they won't? I read somewhere that it usually happens at certain times of the year, but unfortunately I can't remember which months they were. I want to say March and September, but I'm really not positive on that one.

I haven't read about any planned changes, anyone else?

Disney is currently on a January schedule for reviewing all pass prices. They do not publicize any price changes in advance. At best we will find out a couple of days before it happens. Once it hits CRO's computers the news is out.

LuvTigger is correct in that there's no guarantee that they will be raised this year. The economy is jittery, WDW attendance is down and room occupancy is way, way down. If ever there was a year to not increase passes this is it.

A CM at our local Disney store told me that park hopper prices go up
every year on January 1. (So guess where my Christmas money is
going this year?)

While pass prices have increased in January both years since the 1999 switch to January price reviews, they have never been raised on January 1st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter