My Terrible CP Dinner Package Odyssey

ScottNBecky

DIS Veteran
I called yesterday like everyone else to make ressies for the CP Dinner Package for Dec. 19. The CM I spoke to, (cant rmemeber his name), booked our CP Package and then when I told him what Restaurant we wanted he said, " you cant make a dinner ressie for Garden Grill until 90 days out".

I told him I wanted the CP Dinner Package not just Food ressies, and he still said that thats the way CP Dinner Packages are booked. You still have to wait for the 90 day window. He gave me a confirmation # for the CP tickets, but told me I had to call back Sept 20 (90 day window) to book the food part of the CP.

I told him it should be all in one and he said NO its not. So after waiting on the phone for 1 hour, I hung up with only CP Tickets and NO food ressie.

I was mad all day at work and then when I got home I got on these boards and saw how you guys all got dates for more than the 90 day window. So furious, I call back and get through. I spoke to a great CM and she tiook my info down. She then put me on hold after I explained what happened. About FIVE MINUTES LATER she came back and asked who I spoke to earlier. I said I didnt know and she put me on hold again. She came back a few minutes later and said she was sorry for the mistake and booked my food ressie as well.

Since this will be our families first CP I was a bit unsure of the procedure, but I am just thankful that you guys on these boards are here! And man if I had made ressies for Dec. 24 or Christmas day and got screwed.......Well I dont want to think how mad I would be. Anyway there may be someone else out there who is reading this and it happened to. If so try to remember the guys name.

Scott

Gosh Scott...I hate what happened to you. Things like that get me so upset and knotted up!! I have had a similar thing happen on several occasions with Disney CMs and I have just learned to always call back a 2nd time, and sometimes a 3rd. Of course that is not so easy when the hold times are as bad as they were yesterday. I have found that MOST CMs are helpful and knowledgeable but once in a while, oh brother! They are clueless.

I'm glad you got the CP package you wanted and I know you will have a wonderful trip. Don't let this bump in the road discourage you!!

I had called dining on Weds night about another PS and asked again about the CP packages coming out the next day. The CM (a female) insisted that it was 90 days out only and there was absolutely no way that anyone would be booking a dinner PS for Xmas Eve or Day on Thurs. I tried explaining to her about the package and asking her to look into it - I was very nice - but she just kept insisting. Glad I didn't get her after waiting over 90 minutes yesterday and I'm sorry for your experience. Glad it worked out for you in the end!

Same thing happened to me...not with CP, but with the Princess Tea Party at the GF. I called yesterday morning to to verify that I could NOT make ressies yet for Dec. 5, then did a search on these boards only to find that indeed you CAN make ressies more than 90 days out!!

I called back first thing this morning, and got the LAST ressies for that day!!! The VERY nice CM who helped me this morning, told me that while she was getting our info, someone tried to take the ressies from her (I'm not sure how), but that is when she said, "Oh my...these must be the last for this day, because another agent tried to snag them from me". Thank goodness we got them...it's full, and it is not even 90 days out!! I don't know what I would do without these boards (besides finding WDW very frustrating)!!!!

:wave:

Beca

Maybe it was the Garden Grill that was tripping them up??

When I called at 12:30 yesterday the CM wasn't able to book the Garden Grill at first stating that the computer said it was more than 90 days away--I was on hold twice so that she could get a manager/superviser to straighten things out.

After 30 minutes on the phone, everything was set.

The CM I spoke with was very nice and she said that she knew that the CP dinner package bookings started today and that maybe everything wasn't quite set up right yet. But she took care of it. She was super nice--I think her name was Larue.

What CP Tickets?
You stated you got a confirmation number for your CP tickets?
To the best of my knowledge you do not need tickets for the CP....

Please do not take offense...but are you confusing the CP with MVMCP?

Originally posted by OLT2004
What CP Tickets?
You stated you got a confirmation number for your CP tickets?
To the best of my knowledge you do not need tickets for the CP....

Please do not take offense...but are you confusing the CP with MVMCP?

No, there is a special package whereby you book dinner and then you can get into CP without having to wait in the Hour+ Line.

There is full information on the Allears

site.http://allearsnet.com/tp/h_cpfaq.htm

You don't have to book the package but we did so we get the extra edge!

We booked San Angel and are going to see Levar Burton! DD remembers him from Reading Rainbow and myself for his stint on Star Trek!LOL

Scratch

pirate:

The same thing happened to me when I called on the 2nd. We wanted Dec. 14th and dinner at Le Cellier. She at first told me I couldn't and then when I questioned her she put me on hold and checked. She came back and then booked the package. I was concerned at first, also. As to the package question, depending on the restaurant will determine the price of the dinner and show. We paid $95.83 with tax for two. Granted the show is free but those with the package get reserved seats in the front.

Originally posted by ceejay13
Granted the show is free but those with the package get reserved seats in the front.

Um, unless they've changed procedures in the last 2 years, that's not true. You are guaranteed *a* seat. You are not guaranteed anything down front.

zagafi is right. Be sure you time the PS right. We though we had left plenty of time between our eating and the show, but when we got there, there was nothing left seating-wise except WAAYYY over to the side, where you had to strain to see anything but the left side of the choir and the backs of some of the orchestra.

The line for the second show was already forming before the first show even started. By the time we exited, the line stretched back to what seemed like almost France.

Last year I booked the dinner early then went to the show. Big mistake, my DD's weren't hungry and I felt rushed (not by the CM's but my own anxiety.

This year I booked the 5pm show then dinner afterwards.

Hopefully they will be hungry and I'll be relaxed.

Scott - I always follow my gut, and if I get the feeling that the person on the phone doesn't have a clue. I immediately hang up and try again. This actually applies to other customer service phone reps.

THanks for the support guys. Yeah these are boards have been wonderful for the info you guys give. As for the CP tickets that they said I have I have never been to the CP, but I am assuming that the "tickets" he was reffering to were some sort of paper that I can pick up showing proof that I have paid and do indeed have a CP Dinner Package.

For anyone who has attended the CP Dinner Package in the past, please help explain what exactly am I picking up at my resort, when I check in and tell them I ahve a CP Dinner Package? I assume some paper ticket of sorts thaqt verifies that we have ressies, but dont know for sure. I know that when we go to the CP there are no assigned seats, but at least having something showing that we have the Dinner Package allows us to sit somewhere closer than the general public I believe (if we get there earlier enough).

There is a lanyard type thing with paper card that lists time of CP and dinner restaurant. We were off-site last year and needed to pick ours up at the OUTSIDE Guest Relations at Epcot. I mention this because it's on the way to the Disney bus stops at the main entrance and some people might not be familiar with it. I had to wait in a bit of a line, but better than those folks who had to return all the way to the front of the park because they didn't know about the CP ticket pick-up until the shows are close to beginning.

We had a 5 pm show with Gary Sinese narrating, and dinner at Le Cellier. Absolutely magical and special memories.

Originally posted by dgaston

We had a 5 pm show with Gary Sinese narrating, and dinner at Le Cellier. Absolutely magical and special memories.

Hi There, was just wondering what kind of a voice does he have. I can't seem to place him in anything and he is also an option when we are going down.

Thanks for any info.

Scratch
pirate:

He played Lt. Dan in "Forrest Gump". I'm sure others will be able to add more info. We are also seeing him this year!

We started standing in line at about 4pm for the 5pm show....we did get a seat right up front....the line formed very fast.!!!

Gary Sinese is one of my favorite actors! You've seen him if you've done Mission Space. He is in the pre-show.

He also did Apollo 13, CSI NY and others. He's a character actor and so often blends in with an ensemble cast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter