My views of Aulani vs other DVC resorts in terms of the resort itself

Another question: how much is the refillable mug? I have heard it is a different pattern than the ones at WDW. Anybody have a picture of it?

Silly question here: I know most pools in Hawaii are not heated. Are the pools at Aulani heated?

I've never seen a pool in Hawaii that was heated, except by the sun.

The second post in this thread has a picture of the mugs

Another question: how much is the refillable mug? I have heard it is a different pattern than the ones at WDW. Anybody have a picture of it?

Silly question here: I know most pools in Hawaii are not heated. Are the pools at Aulani heated?

In November, the pools were freezing. The ocean was warmer!

If the pools aren't heated that's probably why I read that the hot tubs were overcrowded with kids recently. :sad2:

The pools and ocean temp were pretty similar when we were just there- except in the morning- the lazy river was freezing before it got really hot out! I think cause it was so shady along it?

One thing to know, esp to warn your kids, if you do rainbow reef it is COLD. Both my DH and DD were shivering and neither had complained prior about any water temp on the trip, whereas me and DS whined a lot more lol. The CM there said its kept at a lower temp then the pools. we heard many people saying how cold it was when we were observing.

If the pools aren't heated that's probably why I read that the hot tubs were overcrowded with kids recently. :sad2:

That was definitely the reason. The pools were so cold. The kids were freezing, yet the air was fine. I'm sure they make enough money to heat the pools. Even a few degrees warmer would have been tolerable.

Marriott koolina next door has 2 of 3 pools heated. the lazy river and pool at Aulani are definitely not heated.

We just got back and even if it wasn't heated, the lazy river and pool were very comfortable. We also did not have an issue with kids in the hot tubs especially the two tiered one overlooking the ocean. During our week there, we never felt crowded in the hot tubs

We just got back on 4/23/13 and thought the water temp in the pool & lazy river to be comfortable. There was one day that was very windy & the air temp was chilly, so we hunkered down in the water to keep warm while our 3 yr old swam. I'm always amazed at how kids will swim no matter what the temp!

No problems with kids crowding the hot tubs either.

I'm in a family of 7 looking to get 2 villas at Aulani in January (not DVC owners, we would be hopefully renting (a lot) of points).

Any adults have experience with the queen sofa bed in the living room? In one suite, a pair of 3 year-old kiddos might get the master bedroom since their bedtime is early and mom and dad will still want to be on the lanai/living room/kitchen. So they might get stuck on the pull-out.

Thanks!

I'm in a family of 7 looking to get 2 villas at Aulani in January (not DVC owners, we would be hopefully renting (a lot) of points).

Any adults have experience with the queen sofa bed in the living room? In one suite, a pair of 3 year-old kiddos might get the master bedroom since their bedtime is early and mom and dad will still want to be on the lanai/living room/kitchen. So they might get stuck on the pull-out.

Thanks!

Sorry, we never opened ours. Our son slept on the little pull down bed under the tv.

What is QS? Sorry if it has already been put on this thread. I literally cannot keep up with all the acronyms.

That's Quick Service.

There are stickies at the tops of many of the boards that contain the acronyms if you find yourself getting lost with them. It's easy to do! ::yes::

The Aulani pools are not heated, they are stabilized at 82 degrees. Rainbow reef is 76 degrees, for the health of the fish.

Stabilized? What does that mean? :confused3 If they are not heated how can the temp. be controlled? If the air temp is cold then the water will be cold. 82 is not all that warm, really. Ask my DS who is a year-round swimmer and who has to start swimming outdoors in an unheated pool starting at Memorial Day. If we're lucky the water temps reach the 80's by July - but until then he is chilled to the bone. If we have a super hot stretch in July then the water gets TOO warm and it's like bathwater and nobody swims well. There is no control over the water temps in this situation.

I guess it is safe to say that the Aulani experience does not seem to be too much impacted by the construction at the moment? Can anyone confirm this?

I guess it is safe to say that the Aulani experience does not seem to be too much impacted by the construction at the moment? Can anyone confirm this?

In November, there was a bunch of construction going on and we hardly noticed it. You know how at the parks when they are working on something, they put those nicely painted and decorated temporary wall around everything? Same there. You couldn't see anything, and barely heard anything.

Kalepas store no longer has soda machines or hot coffee. They took them out.

Is there a new location? From what I can tell, the only places to get drinks refilled are the Lava Shack and One Paddle Two Paddle, which have limited hours. I'm trying to decide if the refillable mugs are worth the cost or not. I'd love to be able to get coffee in the morning but can't figure out if there is a place to actually do that anymore.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter