My Wet & Dry Disney Trip Part 3 & Conclusion

Idontwanttogrowup

Mouseketeer
Day 10: August 30

We had breakfast at our resort again but this time I found cereal & regular milk. One of these days while I'm here I would love to have chocolate chip pancakes or biscuits & gravy. I'm not worried about the Mickey waffles because you can get those at any resort.

After breakfast, we wanted to take the boat to Downtown Disney but since they don't start running until 11:30, we had to take a bus. We took the bus to Downtown Disney West Side.

After we got off the bus we rushed to the AMC 24 so we could catch our movie on time. We saw College. It has Kevin Covais. It's a movie about these HS boys going to a College to see if they like it or not. They also love to party all the time. This was an OK movie. After College, we went into Mamma Mia Sing Along. This time the movie had song lyrics on the bottom. It was a lot of fun to sing along to a movie. It was excellent.

After the two movies, we walked to Raglan Road since we had dinner reservations there. I had the Gunness Bangers & Mash. I didn't care for this meal because everything was dry. I tried Louis' meal. He had Kevin's Ham. It came with ham and a potato pancake. After I tried it, I told him I would get Kevin's Ham the next time.

We didn't order the bread pudding because we wanted Ghiradelli's for dessert. I had the root beer float. It was good but I should have had something chocolate since that is what they are known for.

After the ice cream, we went to the boat dock to take the boat home but they were closed because of weather. We were told that there is an Alligator by this dock but I didn't see one. Instead I saw a sea turtle that looked like Crush. He didn't talk though. We decided to wait for the weather to clear up enough for the boats to run again. We took the boat back to our resort.

After we got off the boat, we went back to our room for a while. Then we went to get some soda & took it back to our room for the night. I decided not to go swimming because it was rainy out.

Day 11: August 31

We had cereal for breakfast again. We ate it from our Port Orleans resort. After breakfast, we took the bus to Magic Kingdom.

Magic Kingdom is decorated in Halloween colors but it's only on Main Street, U.S.A. I took some pictures. It looked strange to see Halloween colors up at the beginning of September.

This time we decided to start our day in Adventureland, but on the way there we ran into ducks. One duck just stood there so I touched him. His feathers were soft. That was an exciting moment for me since I have never touched a duck before.

As soon as we got to Adventureland, I went to Aloha Isle & I got myself a Pineapple Dole Whip. Since it was humid out & I was sweating a little, the Dole Whip tasted really good.

After the Dole Whip, we went on the Jungle Cruise. This time we sat next to the narrator. She was driving & not looking where she was going but she still did a good job at joking around. This is a ride in a boat and you sit across from others on the boat.

After Jungle, I went on The Magic Carpets Of Aladdin. The wait wasn't that long which made me happy. I got my own carpet & I kept making myself go up and down. It was a lot of fun but too short.

Louis waited for me over by The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management. They let us in & we didn't get to see the pre-show. In fact they took us in right away. It was still entertaining as usual but I hate it when they make everyone leave & the birds are still singing.

By this time, we needed to use the restrooms, but on the way was Pirates Of The Caribbean. Earlier, we had read that it was shut down for maintenance. It was up and running again but we weren't in the mood for it.

We wanted to kill some time because our reservations were early so we walked over to the Walt Disney World Railroad. It was located in the Splash Mountain area. On the way, I saw Jessie & & Woody from Toy Story. I have met Woody so many times before but I have never met Jessie. I got picture with the both of them.

We walked past Splash Mountain & we got on the train to take a ride around the park. It was fun to wave to people as we went by. After the train ride we got off at Frontierland again.

We still had a little time left over so we saw Country Bear Jamboree again. I love this show, now I'm singing along. We also went to Hall Of Presidents. I can do without that show because every time I go in I go to sleep even if I had a good night's sleep.

Finally, we got to Liberty Tree Tavern for our lunch reservations. Lunch is different than Dinner. No characters. I had the Thanksgiving meal but I didn't get to have bread or mac & cheese. We decided that dinners are much better.

After eating, we went to Fantasyland to go on "its a small world" since the last time we tried to get on it, it shut down due to technical difficulties. This time we got to go on it.

We went on the Haunted Mansion again so Louis could see the hidden Donald. Seems like you see different things every time you ride on the ride. Louis saw the hidden Donald. I'm not going to say where he is because you have to find him yourself. I love the ballroom scene.

After Haunted Mansion, we started for the exit. I took a picture of Cinderella's Castle. I wanted to see how they were doing on the bridge. You can tell they have done something to it because it was all woodwork.

After we walked out of Magic Kingdom, we wanted to go to Downtown Disney to have Ghiradelli's. We took the bus to Wilderness Lodge & then changed from Wilderness Lodge to Downtown Disney Marketplace.

We had some really good stuff this time. After eating the really good ice cream, we took the Sashagoulla Water Works boat to our resort at Port Orleans: French Quarter.

We went to our room & I changed into my Mickey bathing suit so I could go swimming. Before we went swimmming we went into the food court to get some soda.

We went over to the shallow end of the pool so I could hold on to the pole and the side of the wall to walk around. I would sometimes float my legs too. The water was cold too. There weren't any lifeguards around either which was strange since it wasn't time for them to leave yet.

I got colder from swimming so we went back to our room so I could change into regular clothes. Then we went to the food court for more soda. We went back to the room for the night.

Day 11: September 1st

We decided to go to Animal Kingdom for the last time, until November. We had cereal for breakfast again. I should really try something else for breakfast.

After breakfast we took the bus to Animal Kingdom. We went over to the ECV area & got me one because of the hills and rocks. Of course the first thing we headed for was Kilimanjaro Safaries.

When we were in the Safari line, it said there was going to be a 10 minute wait but it was a shorter wait than that. Our guide's name was Mat but the last time we went on the ride, we had a female & she was really funny. We didn't see too many animals on the the Safari this time either.

After the Safari ride we went on the Pangani Exploration Trail. We didn't see much this time either. There was a gorilla sleeping like usual. Other than that I wasn't too impressed.

We headed out of Pangani & went to Rafiki's Planet Watch. I love going here because they show you surgeries on an animal or just an exam. It also has a talking recycling bin, not to mention, a pet zoo. When we got there to board the train, I got to ride the caboose. The cast member boarding me was training two new cast members so I let her show them how to help out. When I got off the train, the conducter said it was nice seeing me again. I was surprised he remembered me. This time they were doing an exam on a raccoon because he wasn't feeling well. They also did an exam on a tree frog.

After we left Rafiki, we headed for Marajarah Jungle Trek. I love this place because of the bats & tigers. The tigers are always active.

We went over to Flights Of Wonder. A cast member came over to me and asked me if he had seen me somewhere. I told him, I didn't know but it was probably here. He said that was a good thing & he welcomed me back. This time the narrators were two guys.

Louis loves It's Tough To Be A Bug & I'm kind of getting used to it too, so we went over to it. There was a 10 minute wait for that but we got a seat right away. I wonder why they aren't using the fast passes anymore? It was a good 4D show especially if you want to get out of the humidity.

We decided to head for the exit because we had dinner reservations at Boatwright's Dining Hall which is located at Port Orleans: Riverside. We turned in my ECV & got the deposit back.

We took the Port Orleans bus & got off at Riverside. We were early so we walked around for a bit.

After we walked around, we got our seats at Boatwrights. I had chicken, waffles & sweet tea. Everything was really good. Yes, they were Mickey waffles. We decided we would eat here again.

Now that we were full, we took the Sassagoula Float Works boat to French Quarter since that is where we were staying. While waiting to go out at the hotel, I put on my Disney bathing suit & went swimming again. I even went into the wading pool since that water was a little warmer.

Day 12: September 2

Tuesday was our last whole day in Walt Disney World until November 17, 2008. On this day we had breakfast at our resort. We decided we would go to EPCOT.

We got to EPCOT & rented an ECV for me to use since it required a lot of walking. I had a really slow ECV which drove me nuts.

The first ride we went on was Test Track since we missed it the first time we were in EPCOT. The first time we were there it was down but this time it wasn't. There was a waiting time of 40 minutes but I took a risk anyway. Just as I thought, it was less than a 40 minute wait. I sat on the outside this time & I loved it better than being on the inside.

After Test Track, we wanted to go on Universe Of Energy since the sign said there was no wait. When we got there, there was a line of people waiting outside the door. It was strange because if there isn't a wait, there shouldn't be a line, right?

We decided to go to The Land so we could ride on Soarin. I used the guest access card to get on this ride. We were in the second row, which was good. I thought I smelled the scent of oranges in one of the scenes.

After Soarin, we went on the garden ride. It's a ride where you sit in a car and it takes you behind the scenes. It shows you vegetables, fruits, fish & other things. It was an interesting ride.

After we did those rides I turned in my ECV & told them we would be back because we had a lunch reservation at Whispering Canyon in the Wilderness Lodge. We took the monorail to the Transportation & Ticket Center. Then we transfered to the Magic Kingdom monorail to catch a boat to the lodge.

We got to the lodge and then to Whispering Canyon to check in. We got seated & we were hoping for some joking around. That never happened & we were quite disappointed. We won't do lunch there again.

After eating we decided to take the bus this time back to EPCOT. We had to wait 45 minutes for the bus. We were in a hurry now because we wanted to see British Invasion's second show.

When we got to EPCOT we went back to pick up the ECV again. Since we were in a hurry, the ECV was acting slow again. We headed straight for the United Kingdom to see British Invasion. They had already started when we got there but I caught up eventually.

When they were finished we decided to ride around. We went to Club Cool to get some samples. I love the watermelon flavor from Japan. I drink at least two or three cups of it. I hate the beverley flavor from Italy. To me it tastes like chewing an aspirin. After getting my satisfaction, we went over to Soarin again. This time we were in the third row. I hate the third row. I prefer the first row. This time I could smell pine trees.

It was time for the third British Invasion so this time we got our spots. They were good as usual. I couldn't see Off-Kilter because they were off this day.

We weren't interesting in the 4th Beatles performance since I don't care for anything on the Sgt. Pepper album. Instead we went over to Nemo & Friends because we wanted to see Turtle Talk with Crush. I believe we saw the last show of the day. After Crush I was tempted to have more watermelon but I didn't.

We went to the 5th British Invasion performance. After that performance, which was the last one of the night, we went to find a spot for Illuminations. We found it between the American Pavilion & Italy. It was a really good spot too & we will claim that spot every time now. It wasn't the same without the globe.

When we got back to Port Orleans: French Quarter resort, we went to the food court for some ice cream. After the ice cream, we bought our stuff for breakfast & put the milk in our little fridge since we were leaving before the food court opened. We also got our last drink refills in our cup.

Conclusion: September 3

Now I will write the Conclusion to my Disney story.

We woke up at 4:00 a.m. to turn in our luggage to the Magical Express people at the hotel. We will now not see our luggage until we get to LGA. After dropping off the luggage we sat around for a while. Then we went outside to sit at the Magical Express benches to wait for the bus to take us to MCO.

We got to the airport in the Delta terminal to check in at security. The security line was a breeze since there wasn't a line. We went over to the terminal we were supposed to be in & sat awhile.

We finally got on the plane. This time, Louis got the window seat. I was tired from being awake at 4:00 a.m. that I fell asleep and didn't notice the takeoff. I woke up when we were in the air. We got to share a Coke to drink & I got peanut butter crackers to eat. The flight was really smooth.

We got off the plane and went to the luggage area to get our luggage. Didn't have any problems getting it & then we went out to the taxi stand & got a taxi to take us home.

This wasn't depressing me one bit because I'm going again November 17- Dec 3rd. I will be there for Thanksgiving & some of the Christmas decorations.

That's it & I hope you enjoyed my story. Please make comments.

Jamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter