MYP ? and your thoughts

Windy City Heather

DIS Veteran
After getting a not so good rate at cont. (234.00) a night on my AP, I started to brain storm. I am traveling with 3 adults and one 3 year old. 2 adults and the three year old have AP's. We are going for 5 nights/6 days Sept 18th-23rd.

Here is my idea. We get the MYW package for 3 adults/5 nights (don't tell them about the 3 year old). The 2 adults and the 3 year old use the AP and the 3rd adult uses the 3 - 2 day passes.

At the AP rate of 234.00 (w/ tax 269.91) X 5 nights 1304.55 plus the 6 day hopper pass $222.00 = $1526.55 plus we pay for all our meals.

Package $1995.81

We would be paying $469.26 more (78.21 a day). 3 adults will eat more than 78.21 a day.

So what do you think about my plan??? :smooth:

But, I think alot of people here will flame you, and say you are "cheating" disney. I think that it's a good idea, I would do it! ;)

The only thing I am cheating Disney on is not telling them about the 3 year old. She will have just turned three and she already has her own AP. How many people take 3 year old and say they are 2. I would not be willing to do that. I will will also be paying cash for all her meals.

personally, i would declare the 3yo and use his/her dining credits as well... i am sure the adults could make good use of those extra credits!
and maybe reduce the tix to one day tix, and then just upgrading the adult w/out the ap... that might save more $ ('cause a 4 day is cheaper than two two days)

Thanks, that was a good idea about getting 3 one day and just up grading one of the one days to a 4 day. I will save about $50.00. Also, yes if I did say I had the 3 year old I would spend $83.00 more for her but get at least $100.00 in food and then have a 1 day pass for the future.

I knew there was a reason I put this out there.

how is a 3yo w/a one day pass and free dining going to cost $83 more? it should be about $50 for the one day pass...

I added the hopper option. My 3rd adult would want the option of hopping but if we just added the hopper option when we upgraded the one pass to a four day. We would not hop everyday and if we just planned which days we hop and which days we don't we should be fine.

One more question, if you don't mind, since you seem to know a whole lot. Am I correct to assume that I am paying the difference from what I paid for the one day pass ($59.75) to what a 4 day hopper would cost ($220.00). And do I upgrade at the gate when I get to the park?

I can't believe how much you have saved me. Thank you so much. :worship:

LOL! it's fun to help others here at the dis since i have learned so much myself!

don't buy hoppers as part of the package... when you upgrade the one person that needs a ticket, upgrade that to a hopper... buy basic... save a few more $$! it is my understanding, but i am not 100% sure, that you can upgrade at guest services at the resort, so no need to stand in line at the theme park... it just keeps getting cheaper and easier... like i told my husband yesterday, soon disney will be paying us to come visit! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter