MyPoints Amtrak Email is a GREAT Deal!

I haven't tried it twice because I didn't get the email:( BUT I know with other things, like the fox entertainment deal and tupperware deals that you can do it twice for points, once through email, once through the website.
Good luck!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

I just did it thru the link at Mypoints and used the California code for ANA to SNA for $1.25!:eek:

This promo is only good thru the month of March so I just picked a weekday in the middle of the month and got a great price!

I did check on ORL to KIS and got a price of $3.65, but the CA price was much better. I did have to opt for the pickup at station option because my date was only 10 days away so you might want to put in a later date than I did.

Good luck with finding a steal and thanks again for the heads up. I did get the pop up window in the end also.

THANK YOU!!! I bought a ticket yesterday and the points are there today. This board makes these programs so much easier!! Thanks to all.

I received this email and just bought a ticket but did not get a pop up. Are you guys getting a pop up with your email or just from the offer on mypoints.com? Did anyone that DID NOT get a pop up still get the points? Thanks!

Hi!

I did this offer a couple of days ago (through the My Points website, not the email) and did not get the pop up...After everyone started to say they had received points overnight, I checked on the Amtrak site and my reservation wasn't listed when I put the numbers in, so I called Amtrak and was informed that my reservation did not go through and to try again (which I am assuming is why I didn't get the pop up box?)...Anyway, I did it again, yesterday, and that time I did get the pop up box and the points have been credited to my account! :)

Hope that helps...

Originally posted by Muffy
I received this email and just bought a ticket but did not get a pop up. Are you guys getting a pop up with your email or just from the offer on mypoints.com? Did anyone that DID NOT get a pop up still get the points? Thanks!

Muffy,
I bought a ticket thru the email offer and I did get the pop up. I also tried buying a ticket from the Amtrak banner on MyPoints and I also got the pop up there. I already got credit for the first purchase and I'll see if the second one credits as well. Even if I don't get the points, the tickets were worth purchasing at the discounted price. Amtrak provides pretty good service along Philadelphia's Main Line.

I done the offer through the site and got a pop up. What a great deal. Thanks for the heads up everyone.

I just checked my MyPoints account and the points for my second ticket were credited overnight! So, if you need a ticket for a companion on the train that you booked, or if you need a return trip ticket, you can get credit for both the email and the offer on the sight, :teeth:

Do you have to use these tickets, or do you just order them and do not take the trip on amtrak?

I don't think you have to use the tickets dot.

Would love to have a chance for these Amtrack points, but I need to find a very LOW rate.

I have to pay for the ticket with my web account and I only have a balance $1.47!

I was hoping to get the ANA-SNA fare for $1.25 that others have posted finding, but after trying various dates, times, etc for over an hour the best rate I could manage was $2.50 - using the H267 discount code.

I was also unsuccessful trying for the very cheap ORL-KIS rate and spent a second hour trying to find a better CA fare

I'd be very grateful if anyone who got a rate within my price range of $1.47 would please, please post the details or email me privately.

Thanks very much

Dead End Kid

I was able to get the $1.25 fare to come up, but it won't take my credit card. It keeps telling me that my zip code doesn't match the one on file with the credit card company. Which is absurd! Has anyone else had this problem?

Okay, bottom line: what do I do???? I did receive the email and now what? How do I buy a ticket(which I do not need)?? I need someone to basically walk me thru this. I do not want to let this pass by. I want the points. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

The email says offer ends 3/14, and the website 3/28. Is there a specified set of dates you must make your reservation within? I'm getting cheaper prices further out, but I was wondering if travel has to be within the dates posted above.:rolleyes:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Originally posted by andychris14
Okay, bottom line: what do I do???? I did receive the email and now what? How do I buy a ticket(which I do not need)?? I need someone to basically walk me thru this. I do not want to let this pass by. I want the points. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

From the email, click on the green "Show Me" button. It's in the left, about 2/3 of the way down the page. This will open 2 windows, a blue congratulations window (5 points for reading the email) and the Amtrak Book Online page.

From the Amtrak page, click on the "Frequent Travelers" link. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way and click on enroll online. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Complete Enrollment Form. Fill out the form (you do not need to include information about income) and click on Confirm Your Information. Check your infor and click on Receive Your Member ID. You will get a blue MyPoints popup for the 50 points for enrolling. Make sure that you copy down your member ID number.

Now, click on "Continue at the bottom of the page. This will take you back to the Guest Rewards page. Click on the word "Amtrak"at the top of the page. You will be returned to the home page.

Click on "Reservations". Enter the codes for your departure and arrival stations (ANA and SNA may work). Choose date and time. (I just tried 3/17 at noon and it worked) One passenger. Do not choose a return date or time. Click on "Show Schedules". Choose "adult" from the drop down menu for fares and enter h267 for the promotional code. Then click on "Show Fares". The rate will show on the next page if it is available (the example I gave comes up $1.25 for me). Click on "Book Selection".

You should now be at a page where you can enter all your personal data. Don't forget to enter your Member ID # for the Amtrak points. Enter all the essential info. and choose either pick up at staion" or U.S. Mail as an option and then click on "Complete My Reservation". Doing this should take you to a confirmation page and a popup from MyPoints. The points should appear overnight.

Hope this works for you! I just redeemed the points I got!

On the website it said "travel" has to be between 2/26/03 and 8/28/03.

I'm off to try again, I guess. I never got the email, but I was trying from the website. I never did actually "enroll" I don't think, so maybe that had something to do with it.

It worked! It worked! It worked! Now, let's see if I get my points overnight! I booked for March 24 around 1pm. ANA to SNA. For $1.25!!! And I got the blue popup. (Didn't get the one for 50 for enrolling, but that's okay. Maybe because it wasn't the email offer.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone!

Love those "cheap" points! Woo hoo!

Eilonwy, I didn't get the 50 points for the enrollment either and I also went through the website, so it must be an email exclusive thing...

I hope I get the email as well, so I can try it again!! I agree, those cheap points are the best! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter