mypoints what do you redeem for?

I have gotten Rainforest GC for our next trip and I just got a Macys card....a little splurge for myself which I don't do too often.

:scared1: Your points expire in 3 weeks? How long have you accumulated them without cashing any in for giftcards?

In the past I've cashed mine in for Kohls, TJ Maxx, Fuel Cards, Walmart, Applebees, Chili's, Target and Old Navy.

The WalMart ones were great for filling up with fuel before vacation and buying all those pre-trip items like sunscreen, film, batteries, snacks......

Kohl's & TJ Maxx & Old Navy were good for clothes before our trips.

And the restaurant ones are great while traveling or you can use them before your trip and whatever cash you would have used put that money in a vacation savings account.

We always use our points for gift cards for those last minute or forgotten holiday gifts. Just make sure it is something you will use in case you don't have to give it away!

So what do you redeem your points for? Something for yourself- something for that family?
I was thinking maybe teacher gift cards for the holiday? but then I thought- heck I want to spend it on me me me......(having a hard day today so thinking a little pick me up might be nice) but I can't decide on what to spend it on?
So what is your favorite reward?
I am a member of Mypoints and I redeem mine for either Walmart, Target, or something I know I can use it for and benefit from. If you're taking a trip. Gas cards are always nice! ;)

the bummer thing is that walmart, gas cards and amazon.com all have higher cashout rates! I am a cheapy and want the most bang for my buck. So I am having a hard time cashing out for those. :(

I use mine for restaurant gift cards. DD is in college and I'm collecting them for her Christmas stocking. I figure she and her bf or friends will enjoy going out for free!:cool1:

In the past we usually do the restaurant GC, but our past trip this summer we drove so I cashed in for Shell GC.

I'm saving mine for now, just not sure what I'll use them for once I cash out. I have around 13,800 so maybe some restaurant gift cards or gas gift cards for our Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge trip in April.

for those of you who cash out for Marriott, have you ever cashe dout for two certificates and been able to use both, or do they only allow one at a time? I thought I would cash out for a few and surprise hubby next summer with a few nights but do not want to get there and only be able to use one. :)

I am still saving up for our next trip in June to USF/IOA. Have almost 2,000 pts so far. i also have 2 accounts though so i have double the pts. lol ;)

For our last trip in January, I had $175 in RFC GC's to cover a breakfast and dinner during our stay. This was great since we spent the first 2 nights at POP with no dining and then switched to OKW where we had the DDP. For our upcoming trip in October, I cashed out for a $100 Marriott card that we'll use for our pre and post flight hotel stay (it will only cover about half of it though) and also $75 for a lunch at RFC.

We are new members of the DVC so we'll have a lot more trips coming!:banana: With the new CS Dining Plan, we'll probably do the RFC cards. That way, we can still have a TS meal or two.

I am still saving up for our next trip in June to USF/IOA. Have almost 2,000 pts so far. i also have 2 accounts though so i have double the pts. lol ;)

Technically I have two accounts, one is in my mothers name, but I do all the reading. Since she will be with me to spent the GC, I don't feel like I am cheating the system. Just every penny counts just now.

I wish I could figure out what to get! I have points like crazy and no idea if I should cash them out to do Christmas shopping or if I should cash out for one big ticket item for the family--ie gift cards for a Wii bundle? Since the walmart gift cards are such a small amount of $$ will they let me apply like ten or more gift cards to one order? Or would I take all the gift cards to Wal-mart and trade them for one big gift card? :confused3 Sorry I haijacked the thread OP!

There should be no problem applying all those GC's to one order at Wal-Mart to buy a higher ticket item like a Wii bundle. The worst that could happen is that they'll have to have a manager override it but that's no biggie! You might as well use them to pay for the item rather than using them to get a bigger GC since the associate will have to go through the exact same process to load 1 larger GC as he/she will to just ring out your purchase. Hope this helps! I think it's a great way to use your MyPoints if you have enough to do it. I'm using mine for GC's to Rainforest Cafe. I've already ordered 2 and I've just accumulated enough for 1 more so I'll have $75 for lunch for my family of 4. Not too bad for just clicking on some e-mails and buying things I would have bought anyway.

alot of GC's do not last too long before you have to use them or theyll start charging a fee every month. its best to use them as soon as you get them unless you want to lose the value of them.

Hello,
I was glad to see this Thread, It is nice to read what everyone is saving for.
I just redeemed 3 $25.00 GC for Red Lobster, Our Favorite. This is pretty much what we work towards, & will be using them this Sunday. I have been with My Points for years, I started doing rewards with Beenz & My Points.
Good Luck, & ENJOY Them, :cheer2: :cheer2:
Renee'

Hello,
I was glad to see this Thread, It is nice to read what everyone is saving for.
I just redeemed 3 $25.00 GC for Red Lobster, Our Favorite. This is pretty much what we work towards, & will be using them this Sunday. I have been with My Points for years, I started doing rewards with Beenz & My Points.
Good Luck, & ENJOY Them, :cheer2: :cheer2:
Renee'

I REMEMBER BEENZ!!! I loved doing that program!!

vellamint,
Was That the first program you did? I still have my folder in my favorites titled Beenz. I had the screen saver, & Loved it. Ohhhh, those were the days. LOL
Renee'

vellamint,
Was That the first program you did? I still have my folder in my favorites titled Beenz. I had the screen saver, & Loved it. Ohhhh, those were the days. LOL
Renee'

Im not sure if I did Beenz or Mypoint or Freeride first....but I remember LOVING beenz!!! It was soooo fun to look for those Beenz lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter