Mystery scrapper (cost neutral swap) PROGRESS UPDATE by 4/5 please

MazdaUK

<font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><
Mystery Scrapper swap

This swap is open to experienced swappers only - you must have completed TWO swaps on these boards to participate. This is because you are dealing with other people's photos so we need to be a bit more careful. You may sign up for more than one group, but you may be doing pages for different people and have to pay postage for each set of pages you complete so please bear that in mind!

Please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use phone numbers in an emergency), together with the answers to the questions in Post 2.

Sending
There will be separate groups for one and two page layouts - if you have more than 3 standard (6x4) photos you should sign for a 2-page layout. You will be given the e-mail contact for the person completing your pages. You should e-mail them the photos in a suitable format such as .jpg, or you can create and share a folder on a host site such as Snapfish. Include in your e-mail the following:
WHO is in the photos
WHERE the photos were taken
WHEN they were taken (date/occasion)
Any key facts (first time at Disney, trip to old home town)
Block of journalling

If you prefer you may send physical photos, or send a special element or piece of memorabilia to include on the page. This does increase the cost slightly but still shouldn't be too expensive

Receiving
The precise number of photo spots will of course depend on what your partner sends you! You should use cardstock as a base, but this can be covered with paper if you wish. Please only send complete pages you would be happy to see in your own albums.

Required for ONE 12x12 page

Title: topper, letter, borders, block or tag, letters on squares or other shapes
AND
Option 1: 2 places for 4x6 photos, 1 element or several small embellies, and a place for journaling visible or hidden
Option 2: 1 place for 4x6 photo and 2 or 3 places for smaller photos, 1 element or several small embellies, and the journalling supplied

Required for TWO 12x12 pages

Title: topper, letters, borders, block or tag, letters on squares or other shapes
AND
Option 1: 4 places for 4x6 photos, 2 elements or several small embellies, and the journalling supplied
Option 2: 2 places for 4x6 photos and 4 or 6 places for smaller photos, 2 elements or several small embellies, and the journalling supplied

Please sign your Dis Name and real name on the bottom left hand corner of your page. There should be NO other hand lettering on the page.

Sign-ups open 28 February-7 March
Check in
12 March - you have sent in your info and your groups are good
22 March
30 March
5 April - progress check
19 April - mail-by date

pages mailed :moped: (NB one for each of your swappers!)
Pages received :woohoo: (one for each swapper)

Participants

DisneyisTeriffic complete
AlexWyattMommy complete
ZerotoHero :moped: :moped: :woohoo::woohoo:
NewEnglandEeyore :moped: :moped: :woohoo: :woohoo:
mazdaUK :complete
rlovew :woohoo::moped: :moped:

If you do not check in I will send you a PM and an e-mail. If you do not reply within 48 hours I will reassign your pages and instruct those working on your pictures to hold. As we are dealing with poeple's photos here please only sing up for as much as you can handle.

Groups

One page

Family - general

Boy stuff and sports
DisneyisTeriffic

Girl stuff and sports
NewEnglandEeyore

Pets and hobbies

Holidays e.g. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving
MazdaUK

Vacations - Disney
DisneyisTerrific
ZerotoHero
NewEnglandEeyore

Vacations - non-Disney - home and international

two pages

Family - general

Boy stuff and sports
Mazda UK
DisneyisTerriffic
Alexwyattmommy

Girl stuff and sports
DisneyisTerrific

Pets and hobbies
AlexWyattmommy
rlovew
Zerotohero

Holidays e.g. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving
NewEnglandEeyore

Vacations - Disney
AlexwyattMommy
rlovew
ZerotoHero

Vacations - non-Disney - home and international
MazdaUK

Challenge section

You may not have photos of some groups, but be happy to do pages (e.g. to use up supplies from a bulk pack which don't fit your family). Please sign up here for which groups you would be prepared to take on as a challenge - this will be sort of like an advance "Angel" slot to make sure we have a good mix-around in all the groups, so you may not be required to do all of these. Let me know which groups, and the max number of pages when you send your answers and I'll call on you as necessary:thumbsup2 You will not be asked to make up more pages than you will receive

MazdaUK - one page pets, two page girl stuff
DisneyisTerrific - one one-page and one 2-page, any topic
ZerotoHero - one or two page of any topic
AlexWyattMommy six pages total, any topic

rlovew - any two two-page spreads

Have fun and thanks for swapping!!

Questions for swappers

Please complete and send to me as a PM

Dis name:

Address:

e-mail:

Phone number (only for emergencies - what with cost and time difference!!)

Are you prepared to send completed pages overseas?

Is there anything you would hate to see on your pages?

Are you happy to have your photos cropped?

Are you happy for one or more photos to be printed bigger/smaller?

Are you happy to have effects applied to your photos (e.g. black and white, clever photoshop-type stuff that I can't do but some people can)

Anything else I need to know about allocating you to your mystery scrapper?

++++++++++++++++++++++

once I have all these details for everyone I will allocate you a mystery scrapper (or scrappers). You will then need to send them the photos with the information in the OP - don't forget your journalling! (You can ask for space to be left if you wish to write in your journalling).

Mazda, I sent you a pm with some questions I had about what group to put things in. Once I hear from you, I'll sign-up for those gorups. But go ahead and sign me up for the following!

One page: Vacations - Disney

Two pages:
Boy Stuff

For the challenge section, I will do one 1-page group of anything and one 2-page group of anything. I have enough scrappy stuff for any group!

I'll do Disney Vacation, One Page, for now.

And I can do anything for the challenge spot - I'd be fine with 1 or 2 of each page amount. I have the papers for it. :faint:

Okay, here's the deal.

I've not sorted my photos. They are everywhere and miss matched.

However, I want to make pages, for other people. So put me as the one to even things out as needed. I can do anything. Seriously. I'd love to do some girlie photos, but I can do sports related, holiday, family, Disney, general vacation, etc. I can do single or 2-page layouts. I can do 6 pages total. Whatever combination.

Thanks for answering my pm Mazda. That clears it up a lot!!!:goodvibes

Okay, I'd like to add 2 more groups:

One Page: Boy Stuff

Two Page: Girl Stuff

Hopefully we'll get some more players!

Updated to here.

AWM, I feel bad you'll be making but not getting :guilty: Can we even things up a little somehow? Like could you put in for some pages you know you might use but not send photos? (Like the page swaps)?:confused3

I didn't think about that. Yes. That would be good.

Dog or boy theme would work, so would general Disney feel pages.

Got you added:thumbsup2 when we come to sending you can let your partner know what you'd prefer:)

I'd like to do this, but I'm kind of confused by the signups - are the top listings and the challenge listings 2 separate sets of pages?

I would like to do 2 sets of double page layouts.
I could send pictures for any of the following: Disney vacation, non-Disney vacation or Holidays.
I would be able to do any topic I receive except probably sports.

The challenges are sort of like angels - you might not have pics for that but you'd do pages. Its to balance the numbers and make sure we all mix up a bit (so you might send in Disney vacation photos but get girly challenge ones) - you shouldn't end up making more pages than you get back. I maybe need to amend the OP to clear that up!

I probably should have looked at my photos before I posted. All my Disney stuff left to scrap is one-page layouts, so could you move me from a 2-pager to a 1-pager. To keep me at my 4 pages, put me in for a 1 page girl layout.

Any more? Last chance!!;)

Can everyone get metheir questions and answers back by the end of this week so In can allocate everyone's partners - thanks to those who've already sent:thumbsup2

Okay- add me in to

2 pages: pets and hobbies
2 pages: Disney Vacation

I can do any of the topics in return.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, I'll add you in.

I'll try to give you all as few different addresses to send to as possible to save on postage:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter