• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Name the attraction you dislike that others love, and vice-versa

andrews_dad

DIS Veteran
Name the attraction you dislike that others love, and vice-versa.

I dislike and other love: Spectromagic Parade - Yawn. Seems like it would have been cool in 1977, but now just seems :confused3 to me. I don't get the attraction.

I like that others seem to dislike: Carousel of Progress. Great relaxing entertainment. And once you ride it you are signing that tune all day!

Ok, I'll play!

I dislike: Swiss Famly Robinson Treehouse, I just don't get it, you walk up and around and then down. It never changes, same thing year after year.

I like: Carosel of Progress, nice relaxing break.

Your going to find on this board, that no matter how bad the attraction is/are - Kali River Rapids, County fair area of AK, Stitch, Figment, etc., there are always going to be people who say that that there family's favorite attraction.

Dislike TSM for all its popularity I think its overated, I prefer Buzz Lightyear for sure.

Vice-versa would be Spaceship Earth or Carousel of Progress, I love these rides classic Disney, I assume their unpopularity because I've always been able to walk right on each ride with no wait. :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, we were sooo bored in the Country Bear Jamboree! The doors close and you can't get out! Torture! It was like Chucke Cheese w/out the pizza!!!

Oh my goodness, we were sooo bored in the Country Bear Jamboree! The doors close and you can't get out! Torture! It was like Chucke Cheese w/out the pizza!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG you are soooo right :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I had fond memories of CBJ from my childhood visits to Disneyland. Each time we visited WDW, I wanted to go to CBJ but my kids didn't want to see it.

FINALLY one year I talked them into going to see. I was sooooo disappointed! I did not enjoy it. I didn't tell my kdis though because I would never be able to talk them into anything ever again :lmao:

My whole Family disliked Toy Story Mania. It's a stinking video game, I do not understand the Hype. It was definately not worth the wait time.

Likes that most don't: COP, Country bears, Imagination (minus the intro) though I did like the old one better, Mexico ride (so what if it has nothing about mexico, I like Donald Duck), and IASW.

:rotfl2: So true! The group I was with in December all wanted to do it, so my DH graciously offered me his shoulder for a quick nap. ;)

I wouldn't say don't like but I definitely don't get all the hype over Soarin'. I'll ride it once a trip just to say I did it, but don't need to ride more than that and wouldn't be upset if I didn't get to it.

I like Carousel of Progress and it's a small world. :thumbsup2

OK....

I dont "dislike" Soarin, but I dont think its even close to being worth the wait that it usually has.

I like COP and the Tiki room !!

I dislike and other love: Spectromagic Parade - Yawn. Seems like it would have been cool in 1977, but now just seems :confused3 to me. I don't get the attraction.

As far as Spectromagic.....I'm a guy who struggles to keep his Xmas lights working every year !!, you know the ones that work when you test them in the garage and as you put them on the house or bushes...they stop working !!:scared1::headache:
so all those "working" lights are always impressive (70's style or not !!)

I was "eh" about TSM. It's OK but if I don't see it again, I won't mind. I also never got the popularity of Space Mountain. To me it's just a jerky ride in the dark but I would like to see it again now that it's been redone.

However I love Spectromagic! It might be partially due to how delighted DS was with it when he was little. If there is true magic at WDW, I personally found it there.

I am not too fond of County Bear Jamboree or Swiss Family Treehouse. Just not for me. I do like Carousel of Progress and It's a Small World.

I dislike Dinasaur, Stitch's Great Escape, and Star Tours.

Like Tomorrowland Transit Authortity...it's relaxing and you get to see Tomorrowland from a different perspective. It's pretty cool at night too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter