Narcoossee's or Citricos

sam08223

Mouseketeer
DW and I are headed to the World in Oct. On our 2nd night. we wanted to catch Wishes in MK then head out to a nice dinner for the 2 of us. We've never spent any time at GF and would like to check it out. Any feedback on Citricos or Narcoossee's? Which is better food? better atmosphere? Thanks

Hey sam,my wife and i had dinner at narcoosee's when we stayed at grand floridian last year,had agreat dinner,great view over the water,id do it again.Ocean city huh? were right around the corner.I grew up hanging in o.c..

I've heard lots of good things about Citrico's , but haven't tried it yet. We've eaten at Narcoossee's sevveral times and always have an excellent meal and excellent service in a very pleasant atmosphere.

patsvette - Hi Neighbor! It looks like we'll be at WDW the same time. DW and I will be at BCV for a week starting 10/24. Who said Jersey week is in Nov. (hehe)

Yep,will be there from 24th to the 29th ,will be eating most likely at narcoosee's on the 25th for our anniversary.

going to try Narcoossee's on our trip in October. Never ate there but heard lots of good things. Ate at Citricos once - good food but lousy service.

But it's in the top 3 or 4.

Great food.
Great service.
Great atmosphere.

Narcoosee's is good, too.
Just not as good as Citrico's

We like both, but I like Citrico's better. Delicious food, specatucular desserts, impeccable service, quiet ambience. You won't go wrong woth either - we try to hot GF for one meal each trip if we can, followed by a ride all the way around on the monorail!

Since you said you are coming in on Oct 24th and want to spend your second day doing this you may want to check but I believe Citrico's is closed Monday and Tuesdays so you may have to change your dates around if you want to go to Wishes and then eat at Citricos.

Narcoossese's is a good choice ask for a window table for a view of the lagoon

Narcoossee's is my favorite restaurant in WDW. The food and service are excellent.

I love Narcoossee's but I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic dinner. It's very family friendly and it does tend to get noisy. DH and I ate here for our 20th last January and as always, we enjoyed the food, the service and the view, but it definitely lacked in the romance department. I'd suggest Citrico's, Jiko's or the Contemporary Grill for anyone looking at a quiet dinner for 2.

we had very poor service at Citricos too. food was ok, but I was expecting more and enjoyed other WDW fine dining restaurants more. maybe an off night.

On www.allearsnet.com there is a menu item under Narcoosee's called "The Knot." This is to include an appetizer, an entree and a dessert for the cost of $49. It also stipulates that certain menu items are not included in this special pricing. Can anyone comment on this offering? Thanks!

Elin

We've eaten at both at least three times each in the past year.

Citrico's is BY FAR the nicer restaurant. The food and service are incredible. We've had spotty (at best) service at Narcooses. The food there has always been good. Keep in mind that Citrico has a dress code that requests collared shirts for gentlemen, (I got this in writing from the AKL, POlynesian, and BC concierge staff) and Narcooses is more casual, although I wouldn't wear cut offs and a t-shirt there.

Also Citrico is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, so that could end the question right there.

Narcooses Knot is no longer offered.

Anne

Originally posted by ducklite

Narcooses Knot is no longer offered.

Anne

Thanks, Anne. I appreciate you letting us know.

Elin

We enjoy them both. Both have great food and usually great service.

Citricos is usually much more quiet than Narcoossee's. Narcoossee's has a beautiful setting on Seven Seas Lagoon.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter