nassau and freeport

In Freeport I recommend the Our Lucaya Beach day. We did not do it but wished we had. We took a cab there and walked around. Sat near the beach and pool for awhile and decided if we got there again we would do the beach day.

Originally posted by plutojudy
In Freeport I recommend the Our Lucaya Beach day. We did not do it but wished we had. We took a cab there and walked around. Sat near the beach and pool for awhile and decided if we got there again we would do the beach day.

I second the Our Lucaya Beach Day, we really liked that....also stay on the ship in Nassau, nothing worth getting off for there unless you are planning to go to Atlantis.

If you've never been to Nassau I would recommend getting off the ship and doing the walking tour in the morning. We did this on our Wonder cruise in March 2003. We spent about two hours walking through the straw market, the old church, up the hill to Fort Fincastle and the Queens staircase. The sights are mediocre but interesting but the view from the top at Fort Fincastle ( not the water tower) is FANTASTIC and was worth the walk! You see your beautiful ship and the Atlantis in the distance. We had a beautiful sunny day. Then we went back on the ship for lunch at Beach Blanket (crab claws!!! YUM!!!) After lunch we took a taxi to see Atlantis. You can see quite a bit of the aquarium from the lobby. It is quite an impressive structure. Walked out to the beach thru the Sheraton down the street but it was too windy to swim.. Anyway, there is alot to see if it is your first time to Nassau. I'd get off even if for a short time. The second time I'll consider staying onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter