• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

National Car Rental bankruptcy

206bones

Mouseketeer
I had planned to rent a car for one day while at WDW, so I could drive to see a friend in FL. However, I just read in my Comsumer Reports Travel Newsletter that National has declared bankruptcy. Any ideas if National will still rent at WDW? What other options do I have? I'll be staying at SOG, and we had planned to get a bus to the National Rental place on site.

both alamo and national which are sister companies are in chapter 11 .....

which i think means "reorganizing" their debt.....so still doing business just not having to pay interest on the loan at the moment....

so far operations as normal. There seems to have been a reduction in car availability lately. Not sure if this is still attributed to the attacks, model year change or reorganization process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter