National NHOL discount code and EA

luckytso

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
I just called National and was told the following:

- With EA, you can only book a mid-sized car, if you book a full-sized car, you have to go to the counter. How come I did not sense that is what people do with EA? I don't want to book a mid-sized car in case I am stuck with it, is this right?

- NHOL code cannot be used with Disney club discount, and you HAVE TO go to the counter, cannot use EA, is this right.

Thanks

Well, the first thing you were told is definitely baloney. You can book either Intermediate or Full Size to pick up on the Emerald Aisle.

Whether National intended NHOL to be combined with other discounts is not clear. However, National's reservations web site allows it, and I have a confirmation for my upcoming December trip to New Orleans showing all of the discounts. (NHOL, Disney Club and Disney Club coupon.)

I don't anticipate any problems when I pick up the car. I've combined various discounts at National in Orlando before and it was never a problem.

With EA, basically you just select a car, drive it up to a booth at the parking exit, and hand them your credit card, Emerald Club card, coupon and confirmation. They want to get you processed through there fast, so I think it's highly unlikely they're going to spend a lot of time going over your reservation with a fine-tooth comb. Typically they just swipe your credit card to make sure it's good, confirm that you have the coupon, and you're outta there.

If you have a confirmed reservation with the total price indicated, I don't see how they're going to weasel out of giving you that price.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I've booked a full size with EA the last 5 trips, no problem. It was the same price as intermediate. One time I actually went to the full size aisle because the EA was all intermediates. I haven't been to the counter in a long time.

My confirmation says:

Your level of service is Emerald Aisle. Please proceed directly to the Emerald Aisle to choose your vehicle.

...snip....

Car Class:
Full Size 2/4 Door Car Auto A/C

Mary and Debbie,

Thanks for your replies. I am following your advice and booked the car rental online myself. I hope everything will be OK. Have a great holiday!!!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter