National Rates - What'ya got for August?

I used priceline about a month ago and got a mid size for 14 a day with alamo. Very happy with that. the dates are 8/24-31. I paid a total of 143 for 7 days

With what group is that contract ID 5760339 affliated? Thanks.

I don't know why this double posted.

I noticed someone already answered this question and I believe I found that on mousesavers.com.

Did you try this one?

I noticed someone already answered this question and I believe I found that on mousesavers.com.

Did you try this one?

I did, and it did bring my rate down about $20 dollars. Thank you. I'm just concerned about getting flak from National when I try and drive out of there. Do I need something special to use that contract ID?

I did, and it did bring my rate down about $20 dollars. Thank you. I'm just concerned about getting flak from National when I try and drive out of there. Do I need something special to use that contract ID?

Nope. It's an internet travel agency. I've used it numerous times in and out of flordida. Never a problem.

Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

~Connie

I had previously booked National with the Emerald Club Contract Code and the Internet Coupon of NF1982JDD which gives you $30 off. That combo gave me an 8 day rental EA (intermediate or higher) at $181.25. After reading these posts I used Contract Code 5004607 and kept the internet coupon (be sure to remove the "rate code" when you change contract id's) and that gave me 8 days (9/20-27) for $165.69.
Hope this helps.

Great rate! Sept and Oct are down. August is stuck again. The best I can do is still $184.35 8/21-8/28 5760339 & NF1982JDD. Oh well it's better than my original $295 :scared1:

:surfweb: I'll keep checking and post when I see a change!
~Connie

My Sept dates are still not down...I can only get $181.58 for 09/6-09/13 w/5007125 & $30 off. I tried 5004607 & get the same price. I'm booking for the Dolphin, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Yes, it does...by $50! Dang! If only I could pick up/drop off at MCO. May need to rethink rental car plans....

ETA: I could save $40 by picking up at the Car Care Loc...has anyone used that before? There's a shuttle or something that could bring me there right??

Just remember the Carlson Code is intended for travel agents. Many have used it without a problem, but there is always the risk that you coul dbe asked for your travel agent ID.

I tried the last minute specials on National and it brought up decent rates for next week (Aug 11-18). It's still no less than Dollar with corp. id oi1054, but I thought I'd share:
6600435 for last minute rentals. A compact was $199 before taxes/fees.

ETA: I could save $40 by picking up at the Car Care Loc...has anyone used that before? There's a shuttle or something that could bring me there right??

There is a shuttle, but if the wait times are outrageous or a hassel > don't forget a cab can take you for probably less than 5.00 from dolphin area, to car care center.

Yeah... I used the 5007125 & $30 off for my 8/17 - 8/24 picking up at MCO and dropping at TPA and it dropped to 166.67 (including taxes, etc). It was 207.00 yesterday. I was waiting until Tuesday for the last minute specials but I doubt I will get lower than this.

There is a shuttle, but if the wait times are outrageous or a hassel > don't forget a cab can take you for probably less than 5.00 from dolphin area, to car care center.

Thank you! Sadly, I was too slow yesterday & didn't book. Today it's back up to $180! :sad1:

With all this talk about national's coupons not working I checked my ressie and everything is still the same. :guilty:

On the bright side the coupons work!

But August is still not coming down. sigh. Stuck at $184.35 ($201.56 base less $30.23 discount and $30 coupon)

~Connie

I looked this morning and the mid-sized SUV is only about $20 more than the standard EA car. If I reserved that, how would it work? Would I have to get inline? Or do I just go out and get in a standard-sized SUV when I get there?

I looked this morning and the mid-sized SUV is only about $20 more than the standard EA car. If I reserved that, how would it work? Would I have to get inline? Or do I just go out and get in a standard-sized SUV when I get there?

If you reserve the SUV it becomes Emerald reserve. Go to the reserve SUV aisle in the garage pick out your SUV and leave. One reminder, if you cancel a Reserve car less than 24 hours they can and will charge you $50.00 unlike canceling an EA car which there is no charge.

Is this in Aug.? Would love a mid size, but when I changed car selection to that it went from 300 to 600. Ugghhh!!!

THANK YOU!!!! I called them and it was done over the phone!!!! For some reason, when I tried to modify online, it kept showing 600 but on the phone, I GOT 394!!

We leave 2 weeks from today and my National rates haven't changed in a few weeks. I wonder if there will be any decent "last minute" deals? :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter