• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

National rental?

poppin3

Earning My Ears
I will be renting from National in Feb for my trip to Disney. I will be the renter using my cc, however I don't drive so my sisters will be driving. Neither of which has a Major cc. Does anyone know if they would have to present a cc or just their lincense?

Here are the rules from National:

Renter must present an acceptable credit card, with available credit, in their own name, at the time of rental.
Signature on back must match name imprinted on card.
Credit Cards honored:
* American Express
Carte Blanche
Diners Club
Discover Card
* MasterCard
* Visa
JCB International

While National accepts all of the above cards for rental payment, some of them are not yet available in our Emerald Club features. The "*" indicates which Credit Cards are available for use in our Emerald Club features.

----------------------

Debit and check cards may only be used as a form of payment at the end of the rental (once the vehicle has been returned). National Car Rental will not accept debit cards at the start of a rental. A credit card or cash qualification is required.
-----------------------
All drivers must meet the renting location's minimum age requirements, have a valid driver's license, clean driving record and present a major credit card in his/her own name at the time of rental. See also "AGE REQUIREMENT", "DRIVER'S LICENSE", "DRIVING RECORD" and CREDIT CARDS".
----------------------

I would call National and talk to them about this, don't wait until you get there. Is your sister under 25? If she is, that may present another problem.

http://www.nationalcar.com/

A credit card or cash qualification is required.
Hmm, I had not seen that part online. I had decided I couldn't go with National since they wouldn't accept the mastercard I have (which is a debit card that can be used as a credit card) to rent the vehicle- only to pay for it at the end of rental!
But this sounds like you just have to put enough cash up front to pay for the rental or something? I wonder what cash qualification really means. ??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter