Need a good restaurant for 25th anniversary for picky eater

tc

<font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co
My husband and I will be going to WDW for our 25th wedding anniversay at the end of May. We've been to WDW about 10 times, but have only eaten at Le Cellier and fast food. My husband is terribly picky. He likes burgers and fries, no veggies to speak of and definately no onions. He has a hard time eating at a sit down restaurant for fear he'll not find something he likes to eat.

I'd like a nice place to celebrate our anniversary, some place romantic, but the menu needs to be normal. Well, at least a few things that aren't too fancy.

Any suggestions?

The Flying Fish on the BW is a FANTASTIC place to eat, and they are very accomodating about leaving things off of dishes. I for example, also do not like onion, and I don't like mushrooms. I saw a dish that I thought I would like, but had mushrooms. So I asked that they not use mushrooms, and they gladly did so! Flying Fish also has a great (according to DH and others) "charred" NY strip, which I believe comes with mashed potatoes. The food is wonderful and I really like the decor.

Congrats, and I hope you go somewhere great!

For a very special event like that I would (and probably will!!) take DH to Shulas. It is a good, plain steak dinner in a great atmosphere that is much more quiet than the average WDW nice place. Lots of manly stuff to look at that I found interesting too, the best steak I've ever eaten. You order sides to your taste, and they are plenty large to share. We ordered 2 steaks (I had NY, he orderd Porterhouse) and asparagus (I requested the hollindaise on the side). We shared creme brulee for dessert We were both full and happy. We did our 7th anniversary there, liked it so much we'll probably do our 8th too. In fact, I'm going to guess it will be hard for me to convince DH to go somewhere else for a special meal, the food was that good. The ONLY down side for us is no view of parks. For that I would go to Narcoosees.

I was actually considering Shula's because of the plain menu, but was unsure if it was romantic enough. It sounds quiet and would be near our resort (we'll probably be at the Beach Club Villas).

I've never considered a Boardwalk restaurant either. Thinking they'd be too noisy. Maybe we'll look over the menus and see what appeals.

Thanks, any one else?

We had our anniversary dinner at Yachtsman Steak House last summer and it was wonderful. Im a very picky eater, but everything (rolls, caesar salad, prime rib, mashed potatos, and creamed spinach(something new I tried) ) was delicous! I was so glad we went there. Drinks were great too.
We were seated in our own little secluded area which was nice.

flying fish was the first thing that came to my mind also. If he likes a good burger..does he enjoy a good steak. Flying Fish has one of the best on disney property.

Also...maybe artist point..and the wonderful buffalo steak there..it is outstanding.

Shulas decor is very interesting. It is a ton of dark wood, soft lighting, candles and sports photos. That is what I thought was so neat, romantic and soft but still very manly with sports photos and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter