Need advice from travel saavy west coasters!

Thanks for all the great advice. I thought I had seen some lockers when we were there in June, also but couldn't quite remember because I had heard they were doing away with them.

We took the Max out to the Fred Myer at Gateway when we did our day trip to wrack up the FF miles to "pay" for our WDW trip. If I'd used my brain I would have went all the way into Portland to the Saturday Market. Oh well.

Lloyd center sounds good though and a Disney Store to get a fix before the "real thing" All right!.

I agree with all4fun- Stanford's is a great place and pretty reasonable with their prices. When we were in Portland looking for a house, we stayed at that Doubletree hotel right across the street from the Lloyd center and ate at Stanford's a lot. Nordstroms was also having their semi annual sale- hurray for us!!! there are lots of good stores and eating areas there too- as most malls do, they have an area upstairs full of places to eat. Enjoy that DS- it's fun!

I do the redeye regularly and I can get a little sleep. Enough to enjoy the day and if I turn in early, the next day is great and no jet lag. This year, we are taking a 9:30pm flight (Delta) out of Seattle and getting to Orlando at 7:30am. Normally, I will grab my rental car and head straight to the parks (if you already have your tickets). By checkin time (3 or 4 pm), I'm pretty beat and head to the hotel for an evening in the pool, a fast dinner and early bedtime.

Best of luck, neighbor!

Well I live in Washington, but we drive down to Portland the night before, stay in a hotel for one night, leave the car at the hotel, and catch a shuttle ot the airport.

Now we're going to WDW in January, and we need to be at the airport at around 4-5 am. We always get flights early in the morning. It's easier to adjust to the time zone that way, I think. Because you'll actually be TIRED when it's 9 pm there :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter