Need advice on a large group with diffrent ages

Anmej85

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone, we are planning a trip to Disney with a day or 2 a universal. We were planning one but for the price of a 2 park pass we can get 2 days at each park. If we did that we would have one full day and one partial day as we need to leave to drive to Miami that evening. Some info about us... There is 9 of us including two 50ish women two 32 year old women a 14 year old a 12 year old a 9 year old and two 5 year olds. My mom says ioa is alot more wfun and more to do the us but the minions ride is pretty important. None of us are Harry Potter fans so we won't be spending much time there... Please please please any tips and advice will be welcomed!!!

I assume you aren't staying onsite........one night at one of the 3 deluxe hotels that offers EP will give you 2 full days of Unlimited EP. Max 5 per room, so you would need 2 rooms.

If you aren't staying onsite and Despicable Me is a must do, get there really early.......DM always has a long line.......

Have a look at the park maps on the website......it gives you everything in the parks, so you can see what you and the group would like to do.......both parks are amazing and each have lots to offer.......

But getting there early if you are offsite and knowing the park layout will be an advantage, you won`t be wandering around aimlessly.......

Don`t totally dismiss Potter......even non Harry Potter fans are blown away by those parts of the parks. You don't need to be a Potter fan to enjoy it, and there is a lot to enjoy......we aren't the biggest Potter fans.....we do like the books and films but what they have done in both parks is out of this world.

And read the boards here......we have stickies on the hotels, menus`s for all restaurants and some trip reports that have pictures of the parks......:thumbsup2

Even if you are not Harry Potter fans, those two areas are pretty amazing and quite enchanting to kids and adults alike.

Considering your large group and the ages, here is a way to go about it. Your whole party will like Despicable Me. Rope drop that one.

Rides the whole group can do together.
at US
Shrek
Simpsons
Men In Black

at IOA
Spiderman
Everything in Seussland

But what might be key to you is if some want to go on a ride and some wish to wait it out, the Jurassic Park and Harry Potter areas offer many other mini-shows, activities and shopping while you wait.

Jurassic has a kids play area with rope climbs and caves. The discovery center has baby dino births and other games. My grandparents loved sitting there watching the kids smile and have fun. Others can break off and go on the River Adventure.

Likewise, the Potter areas are so full of stuff, a group could go off to the main headliner. Those not going, will still have plenty to observe. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter