need direction, creativity & pixie dust!

travel with kids

DIS Veteran
I just found this board. I am at awe of all the creative and imaginative ideas. I have seen t-shirts, bags, hats, etc. all over WDW & DCL and assumed they were professionaly made. I feel like I just found the lost city of Atlantis!

OK, here it goes....I need shirts for our upcoming WDW/ DCL for my DMIL's 70 birthday celebration. My DBIL have asked if I would undertake this massive task!!

Where do I get the prints (designs)?

How do I print them (I am assuming it is the iron-on photo paper I have seen at Staples, but am not positive)?

Any ideas on a design? I am not that creative (ok, maybe after a Cosmo, I might think I am creative!)

How long does it take to make 9 shirts? And how expensive is it?

Thanks.....Lee :flower:

travel with kids said:
I just found this board. I am at awe of all the creative and imaginative ideas. I have seen t-shirts, bags, hats, etc. all over WDW & DCL and assumed they were professionaly made. I feel like I just found the lost city of Atlantis!

OK, here it goes....I need shirts for our upcoming WDW/ DCL for my DMIL's 70 birthday celebration. My DBIL have asked if I would undertake this massive task!!

Where do I get the prints (designs)?

How do I print them (I am assuming it is the iron-on photo paper I have seen at Staples, but am not positive)?

Any ideas on a design? I am not that creative (ok, maybe after a Cosmo, I might think I am creative!)

How long does it take to make 9 shirts? And how expensive is it?

Thanks.....Lee :flower:

Lee --

Start with the following link. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=892887 You will find tips on making the shirts and links to many of the designers' work. You may find exactly what you are looking for or possibly have one of the designers personalize something for you. Otherwise, you can try your hand at designing too.

I buy my transfer paper from Walmart (Avery) and it is not expensive. Others order specialty papers from a seller on ebay. The cost of your shirts can be as much or as little as you wish (some people use old shirts that they don't mind changing). Time factor for 9 shirts is minimal if you do each step in its entirety before moving on to the next. Ex: wash & dry all the shirts (iron them if needed), print all the transfers, then cut out all the transfers, then set up your ironing area and do the ironing all at once.

Have fun... and don't hesitate to come back and ask more quesitons if necessary.

PNO4TE- Thanks for the information and link. I think I am getting the concept down. Now I just have to trust in myself to do it!!

I noticed that you are from Fredericksburg, VA. We stop there (Half way point from Maine to FL) everytime we drive down and back. We ususally stay at the Wytestone Hotel (Inn, not sure of the exact name).

Thanks for the information.

travel with kids said:
PNO4TE- I noticed that you are from Fredericksburg, VA. We stop there (Half way point from Maine to FL) everytime we drive down and back. We ususally stay at the Wytestone Hotel (Inn, not sure of the exact name).

Thanks for the information.

WyteStone Suites at the Massaponax Exit on I-95? It seems like Fredericksburg is half way between almost everything :) You ought to come on into town and do some sightseeing. It is a gorgeous place to live and visit.

Trust in yourself as far as the T shirts are concerned. You can do it! Don't forget to come back and post pictures of your handywork :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter