Need help from wise campers (Off FW topic)

denisenh

used to have tags
I posted this on the community board but it is more appropriate for here...

I'm going to Cayo Costa Island....Help me please
I just reserved a primative cabin on this deserted island (not really deserted). No electricity, no hot water. Is anyone familar with it?
We are not an experienced wilderness family (DH, me, DD's 9 and 12). I think that we have to bring pretty much everything that we will need for our 2 nights/3 days there. This adventure will be sandwiched between Disney World and another Orlando area stay which I haven't found yet.

I would like to not have to bring camping gear on the plane. As it is we will have to drag everything on a boat to get to the island.

If you live somewhere close to Orlando can I borrow some supplies? 4 blankets, a canopy to shield the 4 of us from the merciless sun?
Or can someone point me in the direction of a place that rents this type of supplies in the Orando, Fort Myers area? I am having no luck with internet searches.

What would you do? What would you bring? My 9 year old thinks that she
can catch fish for us to eat. With what, I do not know. My 12 year old thinks I am crazy for putting us all through this.
I am looking forward to the challenge of making this a successful experience.
We leave for Florida in 2 weeks. please help. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter