Need Help Picking Fantasy Stateroom - 5190?

laniebee

Earning My Ears
Hi All!
Finally booked our cruise on the Fantasy for May. So excited, this will be our first cruise since covid. I currently have stateroom 5190(Cat 6B) booked. From what I can tell this stateroom has a slightly oversized Veranda. We will be traveling with our 1 year old daughter and so we will be spending more time in the stateroom so the oversized Veranda is reason I selected this stateroom.

However, after looking at pictures Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Extended Verandah (Cat 4E) the Verandahs look huge!

I am wondering if it worth calling and changing our stateroom, I am torn.

Has anyone stayed in stateroom 5190 and have pictures that reflect how big the Verandah is?

Are the Extended Verandah rooms with the additional cost?

Thank you for any input or opinions you may have!

I would not pick that cabin and I LOVE the aft cabins on the very back of the ship. That cabin is over the tube and could be noisy. I would pick an aft cabin on a different floor or a 4E on deck 5 in the front of the ship.

I have sailed in several 4E cabins on deck 9 and 10 and several 4E cabins on deck 5 in the front of the ship. I can’t pick which one I prefer. I enjoyed both types equally.

We usually pick 4E for the extended verandahs and love them! We've had 6192 with the flag pole as part of the verandah - it is fenced off and the flag only goes up while in port. Twice we have had 7194 which is also dead centre and directly above 6192. The verandahs also have loungers and deck chairs. You do feel some vibration when you are coming into port and the hangers in the closet can sometimes bang about, but we just took the hangers down that didn't have any clothes on them. Definitely our favourite category and don't see us changing that anytime soon. Below is stateroom 6192.

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpeg
    IMG_1173.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1151.jpeg
    IMG_1151.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

No, no, no! We were 2 doors down in 5688. WORST cruise ever. The vibration AND noise were unbelievable. Even had to take down all the hangars and anything that would rattle. In addition, there was a horrible stink coming from the bathroom that they couldn't find/fix for 2 days. This was a DVC Member cruise so already more expensive - and it was full - so they couldn't move us anywhere (at least that's what they said). I was so happy to get off the ship so I could get a decent night's sleep. I wouldn't take the room again - or anything AFT - on the Fantasy even if it was free. Worst part is that Disney is well aware of the problem - maybe they shouldn't charge a premium but should give a discount instead!

We usually pick 4E for the extended verandahs and love them! We've had 6192 with the flag pole as part of the verandah - it is fenced off and the flag only goes up while in port. Twice we have had 7194 which is also dead centre and directly above 6192. The verandahs also have loungers and deck chairs. You do feel some vibration when you are coming into port and the hangers in the closet can sometimes bang about, but we just took the hangers down that didn't have any clothes on them. Definitely our favourite category and don't see us changing that anytime soon. Below is stateroom 6192.
We are booked into 7194 in October !

We just booked a 4e on the fantasy next year, but we are doing forward deck 5 (I think 5028). We just did a 4e on the Dream 3 weeks ago all the way aft deck 6 (a flag room) and the balcony is amazing. I took a nap out there on the loungers a few times and we would bring room service breakfast out. But even on the Dream the vibration was pretty decent when pulling into ports or having engine speed changes. One night it was enough to keep my husband and I awake for a few hours. I would do a 4e but not on the back off the Fnatasy for sure.

Here's a Youtube video of 5190 on the Dream. Everything should be the same as she is the Fantasy sister ship. You will see the veranda size near the end. It's not all that much bigger that a regular balcony but if your just using it to sit, read, watch, you don't need a lot more. With the bigger oversized balcony you get lounge chairs so if laying out is your thing, that may be something to think about.
I will add, we had an aft oversized balcony once and we really enjoyed it. Yes, there was a bit of vibration when coming into port or leaving a port but not anything that would turn me off of it. We also found that there was a lot of soot on the veranda in the morning but we would just take a towel and clean off where we wanted to sit and the room host would do a complete cleaning when he came. Never really figured out where the soot came from. Having said all that, YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter