Need help planning before and after DL trip

2tinkerbells

Mouseketeer
In June, myself, DH, DD12 (but thinks she is 18), and DD9 (follows anything her sister does) will be traveling to the SoCal area. We arrive around 11am on Saturday and we are staying the first night at the Magic Castle hotel. We have Saturday and Sunday to explore Venice Beach, Hollywood, etc. before checking into HOJO at DL Sunday night.
Monday and Tuesday at DL.
Wednesday head to San Diego. staying in Pacific beach area. No definite plans when there.
Sunday head back and fly home.

I need help with suggestions for eateries. We are food snobs and hate chain restaurants. We love the try to places that tourists usually wont go but locals rave about.
Our girls are YouTube addicts so they think the entire time we are in LA and Hollywood that they will run into the people from Youtube.

We would any suggestions for food, must see places, travel tips for LA, beaches, Hollywood, and down to San diego and including San diego.

TIA

Where do you get your restaurant recommendations at home? If it's something like Eater or Zagat, just read the LA version.

At home I go by word of mouth recommendations. I have found that Yelp is not always accurate.
Thank you for any advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter