Need info from those who have been to Aulani

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
We're thinking of taking a trip to Aulani in 2015 possibly, but need some planning help. It will be me, DH, DD13 and DD11 at the time of the trip.

1) spring break or summer?
2) Luau? I'd like to do a real luau somewhere, any recommendations?
3) Dolphin swim...on my to do list. Anyone know where to go for this?
4) Excursions through Aulani...have you done any or any other tours that you'd recommend?

Thanks for any info!

You will be limited on dates you can fly, etc if you go during spring break. You may have more flexibility with dates and lower airfare pricing if you travel during summer break as you won't be locked in to only traveling on very specific dates.

Can't help with Luau, but I know others will weigh in with that. There is place nearby but we did not go to it.

While on Oahu we also stayed at The Kahala which is down on the other side of Diamond Head. Dolphin Quest is there onsite and six dolphins live in The Kahala lagoon full-time. My DH and 9yo DD swam with them while we were there, but anyone can book as Dolphin Quest is its own entity, you don't need to be staying at The Kahala. I will warn you, though, it is SO EXPENSIVE. For 30 minutes, and four pictures on a CD, it cost over $600.:scared1: My suggestion is to start saving your pennies if you want to swim with dolphins LOL!

Have a wonderful time at Aulani and on Oahu -- we love it there!

Seapark I think offers something. Check out the Go Oahu card... Has the swim with dolphins or luau as one of the bonus perks.

We're looking in Aug/Sept and looking at the Cultural Center Luau. No booze but just going to go out do the exhibits during the day then luau then HA show.
You will be limited on dates you can fly, etc if you go during spring break. You may have more flexibility with dates and lower airfare pricing if you travel during summer break as you won't be locked in to only traveling on very specific dates.

Can't help with Luau, but I know others will weigh in with that. There is place nearby but we did not go to it.

While on Oahu we also stayed at The Kahala which is down on the other side of Diamond Head. Dolphin Quest is there onsite and six dolphins live in The Kahala lagoon full-time. My DH and 9yo DD swam with them while we were there, but anyone can book as Dolphin Quest is its own entity, you don't need to be staying at The Kahala. I will warn you, though, it is SO EXPENSIVE. For 30 minutes, and four pictures on a CD, it cost over $600.:scared1: My suggestion is to start saving your pennies if you want to swim with dolphins LOL!

Have a wonderful time at Aulani and on Oahu -- we love it there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter