Need July advice for Western cruise

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
DH and I are thinking of going on the Western cruise to celebrate our 15th anniversary - without the kids! DH has always wanted to do a cruise and I am the Disney freak - so this makes sense!

Anyway - what are the weather situations/crowd situations on this cruise? Is it hotter in the islands during July - or is it like Hawaii, where the weather is more or less the same year round? And are the ships more crowded in July? Or is every ship full despite the month?

Sorry for the newbie ?'s, but we're just starting to throw this idea around, and need to see if July is doable.

Thanks for any help! :)

Well, I have never cruised Disney during July, but I've cruised the western caribbean (Cozumel, Jamaica, Cayman) twice in July on other ships, and the weather was only moderatley warmer than the cruises I have taken in October and November.

So, to give you the short and sweet answer...

No. It really doesn't make that much difference.

If you're really sensitive to super hot weather, maybe. But if you consider 10 or 12 degrees negligable, then don't worry about it!

In the caribbean, it can (and often does) rain in July. It can be hot and humid in November. You may encounter a raging downpour in April. Bottom line - the differences are unpredictable, and unless weather is your one defining factor, forget about the timing. Go !

Go, and have the time of your life. January, July, September, or December. You can't lose!!

Only my opinion, but I'd cruise 12 months out of the year, rain or shine!

'Beano' :cool:

Thanks, BeanoC. That gives me an idea! I just didn't want to be unpleasantly surprised that it is 110 during July in the Caribbean!

We are cruising the western route next July 3 for my parents' 50th anniversary, but with all the kids! It'll be great!
Robin M.

We were on the Western last July. I am extra sensitive to heat and it was hot, but not unbearable. Go for it! We took the cruise, just DH & I, to celebrate our 25th Anniv. It was the best trip of our lives!

The temp's are from AccuWeather where they give the temperature and using some mystical formula involving humidity, wind speed an other factors unknown, they come up with a "Real Feel" temperature. If you visit their site, you can click on "Details" for the day and more information including "RealFeel Shade" and all of the same info for nighttime temps

Today July 25, temp in farenheit / temp in "real feel": then this weeks 7 day range

Key West: 91/108 week: 89/102 to 91/108

Grand Cayman: 89 / 101 week: 89/101 to 90/108

Cozumel: 85/100 week: 84/100 to 87/105

Nassau: 92/100 week: 88/94 to 89/102

When we cruised in January, the temps were only 7-9 degrees cooler and the humidity was much lower making it a little more comfortable when outside. That may have been too cool for the folks who like to sun bath and spend a lot of time in and around the pools. This in contrast to an August cruise where I could stand to be outside for only a few minutes.

We have done 3 cruises so far w/ DCL....all in July! We have been quite lucky. Good weather each time...but HOT and humid. You get use to it after a few days and we like it. Sometimes rain but not much....last week we had great weather w/ occassional overcast and some winds, but they welcomed. We will do end June or July next year again also....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter