Need new DVC baby name help

I like Luke because it is not as common as Andrew. But then again, I wouldn't name my children anything that could be found in a baby name book, it had to be different! I drove my DH nuts. If he suggested a name, I looked it up, if it was in the baby name book, it was off the list! ;)

I like Luke, but agree with everyone that brought up "Luke the Puke". When DD12 was in elementary school, there were two brothers named Bo and Luke. :earseek:

DD2's name would've been Logan if she'd been a boy. We were looking for an 'L' name to finish out our alphabet. DH is Jeff, DD12 is Kaley and I'm Melissa, so we needed the 'L' to make JKLM. :sunny:

I associate Luke with General Hospital and am not crazy about it. Andrew is a wonderful name but there are many of them - 3 within 6 houses of us. We went the non-traditional/literary route and have a Holden. He is 3 and we've only met 2 others (one in AK on our May trip).

Good Luck!

LoveMyDVC said:
We are having a little boy next week (we have a 3 yo DD) and my wife and I are debating what to name him. I like Luke, she likes Andrew. What do my fellow DVCers think?
They are both beautiful names, but I like Luke better of the two.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

zillow said:
We went the non-traditional/literary route and have a Holden. He is 3 and we've only met 2 others (one in AK on our May trip).

Good Luck!
Holden is a nice name! A friend of mine just named their son Holden. It suits him very well. :p

I have to vote for Luke, but then again my 14 month old is named Lucas. I'm sure later on in life it will be shortened to Luke. I would do as someone suggested and wait till you see him and see what name seems to fit him best. We couldn't decide on a name for baby#3 until she was born. Her name Alyssa fits her perfectly.

Andrew is a family name for us and I like it very much. Luke is more unique I think, but easy to spell and easy to remember, etc. So they both have positive vibes for me.

I would do the last name test, see which one flows better - then toss all that out the window and go with what your heart tells you is best. :)

Hi,

Congrats! I like Andrew (my dad's name).

I also like:
William or Will not Willie or Bill
Alex
Peter
James
Charlie
Sam
ect......

Good Luck!!!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

LoveMyDVC said:
We are having a little boy next week (we have a 3 yo DD) and my wife and I are debating what to name him. I like Luke, she likes Andrew. What do my fellow DVCers think?
Luke-strong and manly
Andrew-notsomuch.
Just my opinion. I certainly don't hate the name Andrew by any menas, but it isn't a strong name, to me,.

i have to vote for Andrew cos that is my 6yr old sons name !!! we call him Andy, Andyroo and drew ... and the coolest thing for him at the moment is that he shares the same name as Andy in Toy Story !!!! believe me your son will spend a lot of time watching those films if mine are anything to go by !!!!

good luck !!!

Lisa

tinkgrl said:
Hi,

Congrats! I like Andrew (my dad's name).

I also like:
William or Will not Willie or Bill
Alex
Peter
James
Charlie
Sam
ect......

Good Luck!!!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

You didn't say JOHNNY! He'll be offended now ;)

Congratulations...whatever name you choose, if it is said with love...it'll be great! (Hey, if said right...a baby will still smile and laugh if you say "Luke the Puke" :) )

I vote Andrew - but my fav is Ryan - my son's name!! :cool1:

Whatever you decide is fine - just don't steal the name Hanname please! I'm saving that one for my next child :banana:

Thanks for all the input. Sure is a nice bunch of people that lurk on these forums!
:)

Only one week to go

I would have picked Andrew for our ds, but our nephew was already named that.

Go for Andrew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter