Need opinons on the Hoop-Dee-Do-Revue

Pete's Mom

<font color=green>I have no other name!<br><font c
We are thinking about doing this (my boss wants to treat us to a special Disney dinner show).

Would be interested in hearing opinions of those who have attended.

Thanking you in advance. :D

I just love the Hoop Dee Doo Revue! I'm seeing it for the third time in December. It is very corny, but lots of laughs and TONS of Disney magic! The show just oozes Disney. The food is OK, ribs, fried chicken, strawberry shortcake, beer and sangria (soft drinks too for the kids!). I highly recommend this show! It is one of those Disney "must-do's." So go for it! Have a great time! I'll be there December 27 at the 7:15pm show with my DH and my parents. Can't wait!!!!!!

I agree with the above post. The show is lots of fun, but you have to be the kind of people willing to really "get into it"--you know, clap your hands, sing along, etc. The food is just okay, nothing special, but the show is fun. You should enjoy it. At least give it a try once to see for yourself! :) Have fun!

Hoop Dee Do is tons of fun. The first time we went my DD was only 1 year old, and she loved it. We took her again when she was 12 and she still enjoyed it tremendously, along with my other DD who was 9. Food is just OK, but the show will keep you smiling! Enjoy!

When we saw the HDD my niece was about 2 yo, she loved the show from beginning to end, we made reservations early and had a front row table, we arrived rather close to show time and were the last ones in Pioneer Hall and were surprised we had front row table, it was a great show,

Most people either love it or hate it, the food was a bit disapppointing in my opinion but the show itself was worth it.

If someone else was footing the bill, I'd definately go. Went twice and had a good time. Last time we went to Disney we didn't want to spend the money so a nice alternative that the kids enjoyed was having lunch at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in the MK.

I agree with the others, its a great time. Except, I disagree about the food. I was surprised at how good it was. Usually, my opinion of fried chicken is that I can take it or leave it. But this stuff was so good, I found myself asking the waiter for another bucket of it. The rest of the food was very good too, but the fried chicken really stood out as excellent to me.
As always, everyones opinions on food are different, so take my opinion for what its worth ;)

We had a great time and I agree the show is "corny" but "cute". Food homestyle and good. We had the extra plus of my 6 y/o being "whisked" onto the stage to be the sherrif.

I agree with all of the above posts, expensive-yes, fun-YES, cute and corney-yes, food-OK, audience participation-YES if you want to have fun. As far as requesting a seat up front, it really isn't necessary. THe performers come in to the audience on several parts of the show, EVEN on the balcony. There isn't a bad seat in the house. But, if you insist on sitting up front-ask. Buy the way, my two boys are now 8 and 10. The saw the show for the first time two years ago, and had a blast. they insist on going back, and back and back every year. Next visit we are passing on HDD in favor of Mickeys BackYard BBQ behind Pioneer Hall where HDD is held.

Have Fun !

I was under the impression that the seating was assigned at the time the reservations are made, we made them well in advance and for a later show, we were last in line to get into Pioneer Hall which also makes me think the tables are assigned at time of reservation.

Went mothers day weekend and was picked to be in show Ha ha the fairy,okay so im 5.8 and 235 lbs how pette did you expect the star of the show wearing a pink tu tu to be ,listen we made our ressies 1 month in advance and had a great seat upstais overlooking the stage,Good Luck!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter