Need some help with DL from LV

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
I just booked flights to Las Vegas for the last week of July first week of August. Dh and I lived in LV for 5 years and his Mom and my aunt stil live there. We usally visit at least once a year. The last couple of years i have wanted to take the kids to CA and DL but the timing has never worked out. This year I am determined to make it work!!!!

DH and I made the trip to SoCal many times when we lived in Lv but haven't done it in about 8 years. We could usually count on it taking 3 hours to the outskirts of LA and then depending on the time of day another 2-3 hours to San Diego.

The schedule I am currently playing with is as follows, we would go during the week of July 31st:

DAy one: Leave Las Vegas in the early morning (7:00 am or earlier), arrive LA before noon. Would it be worth it to try and see DCA this day or should we just spend some time touring Los Angeles, Hollywood and meeting up with my cousin in Beverly Hills? We would stay at a hotel in Anaheim this night.

Day two: Full day at Disneyland including night time parade and fireworks. After fireworks we would drive to Oceanside, CA to spend the night with at a friends.

Day three: quite beach day with friends, maybe dinner in San Diego

Day Four: Drive back to LV.

My questions are:

1) What would be the best day of the week to do this itinerary? I am thinking Monday to Thursday, but we could also do Tues- Fri. We have to be back in LV for the weekend.

2) Should we attempt to do DCA starting at noon on our first day. This is the only way we will see this park. I don't want to give up my beach day with our friend. This is my best friend from university and I haven't seen her in 7 years. Her dh is in the Marines and they have been stationed overseas for the last 6 years!! He is now at Camp Pendelton at I am very excited about seeing her and her family again!! We can't take more than 4 days away from Las Vegas as we also have lots of people to see in LV.

3) What would be the best time to leave oceanside to get back to LV, I would think living mid morning after the morning rush hour is over would be the best idea. How long will it take from Oceanside to LV.

4) As we will only be in DL for one night is it worth splurging on a DL hotel or would it be just as convenient to stay off site. WE have stayed both on-site and off site in WDW and like both options. In the past I have always stayed off site in Anaheim.

I am really excited about taking my kids 6 & 8 to DL, this was the Disney park I went to as a kid and I am reallly looking forward to seeing the park again.

Allison

We just recently did this trip, in answer to your questions:
1. You dont want to be coming or going from LV to DL on a Friday evening or a Sunday night, youd be amazed at how many people go on the I15 over the weekends..

2. We find that we can do DCA in an afternoon (everything minus the TOT which the GF wont go on).. So if you get there at noon and play it smart, you should be able to see most of it depending on the crowds..

3. Cant help you there, honestly never have been to the beach yet ;(

4. I dont there is as big of an "allure" to the DL Resort hotels as there is to the On site hotels in WDW.. We have stayed at the Crown Plaza and will be staying at the Hilton in about 2 weeks (can let you know what that is like when we get back), but we got the Crown Plaza on Hotwire.com for about $75.00 and it was a really really nice hotel room..

Anything else i can help you with just PM me, and hope you have a great time!

Thanks
Robb

Traffic to Anahiem has increased from vegas give your self a little more time for the drive........especially with kids! We live 20 minutes from state line about as close as you can get and it takes about 4 hours at least. The eairlier in the morning the better and coming home mid day seems to be best for us. Try to avoid peak traffic hours in the Ca. part of the trip and you should be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter