• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need some opinions from the experts!

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone:

DH and I want to travel to WDW for a "no-kids" anniversary weekend. Our choices are to go the end of September (9/23 to 9/27) or the first weekend in November (11/4 to 11/7).

Which would you choose and why? I would love to get your opinions, reasons, and experiences traveling during one time-frame vs. the other. Pros and cons for each...??

Thanks for any information you care to share!
Sammy

Either time of the year would be a good time, but since its a no kids trip, I would go with the November dates becasue of the food & wine festival!

You may want to call this morning to see which resorts have availability. I have a feeling 11/4 to 11/7 might be hard to get.

DebbieB said:
You may want to call this morning to see which resorts have availability. I have a feeling 11/4 to 11/7 might be hard to get.
Ditto! You may not have a choice - I think there are already waitlists for many rooms types - especially at the EPCOT resorts. Good luck!

Best wishes -

DebbieB said:

Thanks for the suggestion.....I actually already have this booked at OKW with a waitlist for VWL or BCV. But.....DH and I were looking at airfare last night and we can fly in Sept for $49 OW on Southwest. So, we started looking into the possibility of traveling September instead. I'm concerned about the possibilty of hurricanes (got stuck in Jeanne last year), and that Sept is still very hot & humid...although we plan to spend a lot of time just chillin' by the pool!

BUT....November has the F&W too (which could be good for fun, but bad for crowd levels!) Can you tell I'm confused!!! :rolleyes: Maybe I'll just close my eyes and throw a dart at the calendar!! :earboy2:

I suppose going both times is out of the question? Hmmm - September, hang around the pool and just veg out. November - Food & Wine. Sounds wonderful. Can I come along, LOL? ;) :)

LOL Carol!! Going both times wouldn't be out of the question if I thought the kids would let us get away with it!!! It's going to be hard enough to get there once without them!

Sammy

We did F&W early November last year. Except for Fri/Sat/Sun it wasn't too crowded, but on the weekend a lot of locals stopped in to sample the wares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter