Need suggestion for lunch in MK

winnyis

<font color=teal>When angels visit us, we do not h
I am going in August and would like to make a PS for a late lunch in a sit down air conditioned restaurant so my family can get a midday break from the sun and heat.

Does anyone have any recommendations. We are 2 adults and DD - 9 and DS - 6.

TIA

Ginny

The Crystal Palace has a nice lunch buffet and it's a character meal with Winnie the Pooh characters if your kids would like that. It's also so filling that a late lunch will probably mean you'll only want a light snack for dinner.

Liberty Tree Tavern would be a great choice. It's the perfect place to get out of the crowds and heat for a nice meal.

Our favorite sit down in MK has got to be The Plaza. It is a hidden gem in MK. I didn't know it was there for years (always thought it was a counter service restaurant until we stumbled upon it a few years back). And the ice cream is to die for. I LOVE THIS PLACE! YUMMY!!!

My family loves the Plaza Restaurant! It's not to expensive, has great food and ice cream! :D

If your kids like characters (Winnie the Pooh & friends), go to the Crystal Palace. When I was there last, they had hot entrees & sides, a kids section(pizza, mac & cheese, chicken strips), deli meats, salads, and desserts on the buffet (a good variety of food). Also, the restaurant itself is beautifully decorated and it is a pleasant place to cool off and relax.

Our favorites for lunch are Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern and the Plaza.

A restaurant my fiance and I tried last year was Tony's Town Square. It was a nice spot for a quick lunch. Kinda set back from all the crowds and it almost seems that not many people realize it is even their, like the Plaza. Food is light, I will not eat italian food in the humid Florida weather but there was plenty to choose from. The best part is you can probaly not bother with a PS or a wish because like I said it is like no one knows it is their.

Go to Columbia Harbour House. Counter service, but wonderful, relaxing, air-conditioned seating area. Go upstairs to sit and eat - its a great place to re-energize.

If you want a big meal and characters I would recommend Crystal Palace, we enjoy the food and you can't beat Winnie and friends. If you want something quick but inside and relaxing I would also have to recommend the Columbia Harbour House. We have been going to WDW for 12 years and last year we finally ate there! It is kinda of the beaten path and every year we would say we are going to have to remember and eat there but I guess out of sight out of mind. But anyway we went last year and couldn't believe it. We had chicken strips and fries, it was not crowded but it was outside. We went upstairs and just had a nice cool relaxing meal Hope this helps have a great time!

We always take a short ride on the monorail and head over to the Poly for a very nice lunch at Kona. They have a delicious menu to satisfy everyone. I usually order a burger and my DH orders something more exotic. The kids love their desserts.

If you like buffets, I would give another vote for the Crystal Palace. Tons of food and choices...go to allears for the menu. It is a character meal and buffet so if you want something less chaotic, the Liberty Tree Tavern is served family style. I don't think the Mickey characters show up for lunch...just dinner. Don't forget your PS.

Mom of two DD

The Plaza? I can't believe there is a restaurant in the MK that I've never heard of. WHere is it and what sort of food do they serve? I'm definately goig to have to check it out on my trip down......IN 7 DAYS!!!!! :bounce:

Another vote for the Liberty Tree Tavern. They have a good lunch menu, and it is a nice place to eat, relax, and cool off from the hot summer heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter