Need to vent...

EsmeraldaX

DIS Veteran
Okay. I am hoping I won't get flamed for this, I figured this might get a better response here than in debate. Mostly I just need to vent because on my way to work this morning, I saw a photo that appalled and disgusted me. It was a photo of a tribute to the soldiers , OUR brave men and women who died in Iraq, where one boot was left on the field for each of them.

Well some of these obnoxious, self righteous , and apparently insensitive heartless morons who opposed the war, for whatever reasons, took it upon themselves to put sneakers and other civilian shoes in a pile in the middle of this memorial to OUR fellow Americans to symbolize a tribute to the Iraqi civilians who died.

It made me sick. I'm sorry, I pity the innocent Iraqi's who died too, but I value the lives of the men and women fight to make the world a better place for all of us far more (and I'm sorry...I'm cynical. I question how many of these "innocent" Iraqi's were truly innocent anyway, and how many of them would have easily been persuaded to become terrorists). I'm sorry children had to die as well, but if I could only save an American or an Iraqi, sorry, my countryman/woman comes first.

If this makes me a bad American in the eyes of the war protesters, so be it.

I feel that they(the war protesters) had no right to ruin a tribute to our people. If they want to have a tribute to the civilians, fine, but put it
somewhere else.

And that the Boston Metro had the gall to even print this photo on the one year anniversary of the war, makes it even worse.

Sorry, I just needed to get this out of my system. I have several friends who are over there fighting, and all believe they are doing the right thing for the world.

Thank you,
Sheri

No flames here. Anyone who would deface a memorial like that is nothing but scum, IMHO.

I haven't posted on here for a while. While I do not have any family serving, many of my former high school students our serving in Iraq and elsewhere. I am very close to these students, and they write me almost daily. They tell me many things they don't want to worry their loved ones about. I pray for them and all troops every day.

The desecration of that tribute is horrible. What is worse is the media posting pictures for all to see:mad: What many fail to realize (or choose to ignore) is that these images are seen all over the world, INCLUDING IRAQ!! The letters I recieve and the soldiers I talk to when they come back feel that their biggest enemy is not the Iraqis, but the US media! The effect of the media's coverage on this war is two fold: First, it demorilizes our troops. How do you think our fighting men and women feel when they see, hear, and read nothing but anti war editorials, US deaths, and Iraqi protests?? Why doesn't the media show what good they are doing? I have read and heard tale after tale of such wonderful things our troops are doing. Where are these tales being told media-wise? The best thing you and I can do is tell them personally, and tell them often.

Second: Iraqis see the same media! This only emboldens the Iraqis to do more harm. Pictures of Coalition deaths and Iraqi celebrations gives the Iraqis the impression that they are winning! IMHO, the media is collaborating with the enemy:mad:
Our country is not isolated in a bottle. Everything that is put on the air or computer is read by the world! Heck! I have even heard that many terrorists and Iraqi bad guys believe that if Bush loses the Presidency, it is just like Spain and they (the bad guys) have won! (I don't want to get into a political debate. It is not fair to the troop or their families. It is just what one soldier overheard in Iraq).

Sorry to rant! I continue to pray for all troops everywhere.

I want to say thank-you for the rant, you expressed my feelings so much better than I could. My son is in Iraq, and that is what upsets him the most. He was shocked at how he was treated at times in his uniform, and this was when he was still in the states. Thanks again.....

Some people are thick, stupid and small minded :mad: :mad: ...sorry it just makes me so mad to read this. Who do people think they are? I understand the need to voice ones opinion, but when someone is defacing a monument that is honoring our GREAT men and women who are willing to defend our beloved country, (weather they agree with the reasons or not), is just wrong. Just remember...Karma is a very real thing.

Thank you all. I think all of our view truly express the majority of people. I have several friends who have only recently returned from Iraq and one of my brothers good friends is on his way over there this week. :( That anyone could deface a tribute like this infuriates me.

ok this may be sick of me but this is what i do when I hear anyone do or say this sort of things...my boyfriend is in the Navy, he is a Corpsman over in the sandbox right now..anywho..I have military pamplets in my car..when i see these people making jerks of themselves I grab one and hand it to them and tell them to sign up go over there and take their almighty behinds and do something better than "the baby killers" are doing...they seem to shut up pretty quick after that.....

Originally posted by EsmeraldaX
I value the lives of the men and women fight to make the world a better place for all of us far more. [than Iraqi lives]

The Nazis divided people into "worth living" and "not worth living" like 65 years ago. I'm glad their ideas live on in America. Over here in Europe some people actually think that a life is a life, and everybody has the same right to live it heh. Whata nonsense dont you think

Originally posted by Skythe
The Nazis divided people into "worth living" and "not worth living" like 65 years ago. I'm glad their ideas live on in America. Over here in Europe some people actually think that a life is a life, and everybody has the same right to live it heh. Whata nonsense dont you think

I'm sorry if I value the lives of my fellow countrymen more than the lives of some backwards, crazies who get their kicks by employing suicide bombers to carry out their insane Hitler esqe jihad.

Do I want to see innocent kids die? No. But If I was standing on the egde of a cliff holding the hands of an Iraqi who supported jihad and an average American who supports trying for peace, you bet if I had to let one of them fall to their deaths, I'd pick my countryman any day.

Grow up.

Originally posted by Skythe

And Skythe, [inserting words into peoples posts to make your point] is not very welcome on these boards.

:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter