Need voices of experience (AP newbie here)

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
When we were at WDW in January, DH and I had UMP's.
At DL/DCA, we bought three day hoppers.
NOW, for January 2002, we are looking at buying AP(s).
There are just the two of us adults. (7 nights/8 days this trip)
I have room ressies at ASMo in January. I have the AAA discount applied. (Although DH's mouth is water over CSR again.) :rolleyes:
Disney CM quoted me yesterday an AP cost of $354.04 pp. (Think this is w/the DC discount.)
I know to make AP ressies, only one person has to have an AP.
But I am guessing we both really want to have an AP. Or is there something I don't know of?

If air fares plummet, we are hoping to be able to return within the year -- hence the AP, rather than hopper tix.
Would it still be better to buy AP's at WDW? I would rather buy ahead of time, but understand the AP's would be good one year from purchase date, not activation date -- correct?

What else do I need to know?

TIA!:sunny:

no - your annual passes will be good for one year from the Activation Date -- not the purchase date.

There are two cases that I can think of that you will want to buy your pass early.

#1 - If you get an AP rate on the room you'll need the AP Voucher to show at check-in.
#2 - Disney's last price increase on AP's was January 2001 and they usually increase the prices every year. If they announce a price increase before your stay, you may want to buy early in order to lock in the old rate.

We like to each have an annual pass, so we can come & go from the parks without worrying about using a day on the hopper pass. Once I use a day on the hopper pass, I feel I have to stay most of the day to make it worth my money. Plus having an annual pass is a good excuse for another vacation:)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter