Nemesis Challenge 3 AKA Marathon Weekend 2015

So, this thread was buried. Anyone start training yet? I think I'm gonna have to suck it up and join the gym again. It's been too dang cold out to run at 7am.

Wow. If we have 4 or so DVC members even a lake view 2br wouldnt be horrible as long as points per person go

yeah - depending on if my aunt decides to rent points from me....I actually will have enough points to even get a Theme Park View 2 bedroom for the 8th through the 11th. (168 total points)

It technically could sleep 5 (each in their own bed) but one is a sleeper chair. So 4 would be preferred.

The Lakeview 2 bedroom is 136 points.

I'm interested. I don't have any DVC points of my own to contribute, but I can contribute cash.

It's unlikely I'll be running anything more strenuous than the 26.2 feet from the sofa to the fridge for a beer, but someone has to guard the fort when everyone else heads out in the dead of night for the runDisney events.

I'm interested. I don't have any DVC points of my own to contribute, but I can contribute cash.

It's unlikely I'll be running anything more strenuous than the 26.2 feet from the sofa to the fridge for a beer, but someone has to guard the fort when everyone else heads out in the dead of night for the runDisney events.

As of right now, I've got the room full. If someone backs out, I'll let you know.

I think I did see somewhere that Justin might be looking for a roommate. :confused3

As of right now, I've got the room full. If someone backs out, I'll let you know.

I think I did see somewhere that Justin might be looking for a roommate. :confused3

LOL. We've been there before. Works for me. I just can't book until sometime this summer, since we wouldn't be staying on points.

Anyone know if there are any discount codes to make Disney races cheaper? It's not the half, but I'm signing up for the 10-miler in October and don't really want to drop $145 on it. Any codes for Disney Visa holders?

Anyone know if there are any discount codes to make Disney races cheaper? It's not the half, but I'm signing up for the 10-miler in October and don't really want to drop $145 on it. Any codes for Disney Visa holders?

I just signed up for it this week as it was showing 80% full and I didn't want to miss out. The only thing I could find was $5 off for DVC owners and not being one I couldn't take advantage. I think these races sell out early enough that Disney isn't going to bother discounting them.

Another meet! I'll meet a 'hawks fan next week, a Bears fan in October (you), and I've already met Barry (Cubs Fan). The Trifecta of Chicago Fandom (nobody really cares about the Bulls anymore).

Well, I ran a 10k on Saturday down beautiful Monument Avenue in Richmond. It was a little rainy but not too bad. My stretch goal was going to be 55 minutes. I've run it in 56 before so I thought that was reasonable. Like an idiot, I came out of the start too fast and was never able to settle down and get comfortable. Oh well, at least I would do better than an hour. So I crossed the finish line with 59:55 on my watch. The next day I remembered that I fumbled with some of the buttons on the watch and that my time may be worse. Just checked the time last night and my official time was 1:00:18. If I had a cat I probably would have kicked it.

Well, I ran a 10k on Saturday down beautiful Monument Avenue in Richmond. It was a little rainy but not too bad. My stretch goal was going to be 55 minutes. I've run it in 56 before so I thought that was reasonable. Like an idiot, I came out of the start too fast and was never able to settle down and get comfortable. Oh well, at least I would do better than an hour. So I crossed the finish line with 59:55 on my watch. The next day I remembered that I fumbled with some of the buttons on the watch and that my time may be worse. Just checked the time last night and my official time was 1:00:18. If I had a cat I probably would have kicked it.

I know for non beginners, those times arnt good but regardless awesome! Glad you said something about this thread, wasn't aware of it. My training has been pretty steady, hoping to improve every run day.

I'm trying to train. I've got RnR Raleigh in about 2 weeks but at this point I can't run more than half a mile straight without pain. I think I'm gonna try run walk intervals to see if I can get through the race that way. I'm hoping things will improve though. I got into the NY Marathon so I'll be running that in Nov and hopefully Goofy in Jan.

I feel my training is coming along well, ran/walk 3 miles at a 12 min mile, the first mile was 10:24 min mile so gotta work on keeping it going and not over doing it. Have a Glow Run 5k this weekend, doing that with DD so light running but mainly walking, more for the fun. Then doing another 5k the following weekend, hoping to do well in that one, and the for Cinco De Mayo a 10k to try to turn in a good time for ToT 10 miler.

I'm trying to train. I've got RnR Raleigh in about 2 weeks but at this point I can't run more than half a mile straight without pain. I think I'm gonna try run walk intervals to see if I can get through the race that way. I'm hoping things will improve though. I got into the NY Marathon so I'll be running that in Nov and hopefully Goofy in Jan.
Where is your pain?

I learned in training it is hard to determine what is good pain- pain to run through, and what is bad pain- pain to shut it down.

I feel my training is coming along well, ran/walk 3 miles at a 12 min mile, the first mile was 10:24 min mile so gotta work on keeping it going and not over doing it. Have a Glow Run 5k this weekend, doing that with DD so light running but mainly walking, more for the fun. Then doing another 5k the following weekend, hoping to do well in that one, and the for Cinco De Mayo a 10k to try to turn in a good time for ToT 10 miler.
Nice job!

I haven't run 3 miles yet without walking some (since my last 5 K in Nov.). I think I am going to go to our local walking path which has slight rolling hills opposed to running non my neighborhood (what I've been doing) which is all hills. I also am going to run back to back days (I hope) tomorrow and Friday.

I haven't run 3 miles yet without walking some (since my last 5 K in Nov.). I think I am going to go to our local walking path which has slight rolling hills opposed to running non my neighborhood (what I've been doing) which is all hills. I also am going to run back to back days (I hope) tomorrow and Friday.

Good plan Tim! Will there be beer at the end, because in my Team there's beer at the end..., you should join.

Where is your pain?

I learned in training it is hard to determine what is good pain- pain to run through, and what is bad pain- pain to shut it down.
I have Patellar Tendonitis and some IT band issues. My PT gave me some exercises to adjust my gait but so far there's been improvement. I ordered a new knee sleeve so hopefully that will work. I think for knee issues you can run through IT Band pain. (its usually pain on the Outside curving underneath the knee)

All hills will make you stronger, but it can be really hard on you.

Hey guys just a friendly reminder. Marathon weekend registration opens to the general public tomorrow. Watch out it could sell out fairly quickly.

Hey guys just a friendly reminder. Marathon weekend registration opens to the general public tomorrow. Watch out it could sell out fairly quickly.
Do you know what time?

Edit: looked it up, Noon Eastern 11am my time.

I found out some interesting info…. taken from the rundisney site..

Deferrals

If you are currently registered for The Walt Disney World® Marathon in 2015 you may defer your registration to The Walt Disney World® Marathon in 2016 subject to availability, on or before December 18, 2014.

Deferral requests will be assessed a $45 processing fee if completed by November 20, 2014. Deferral requests will be assessed a $70 processing fee if completed between November 21 and December 18, 2014. Deferrals are not allowed for Disney's Family Fun 5K or runDisney Kids Races.
The Deferral link will be available June 1, 2014.

Proof of Time

runDisney proof of time guidelines:

If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in less than 3:15 hours or the Marathon in less than 6:30 hours, proof of time is required for start corral placement. Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge participants should adhere to Full Marathon proof of time requirements. Please reference the Race Pacing Chart below for finish times and associated pacing per mile.
Proof of time must be provided from a certified race reflecting results after January 1, 2013.
Half Marathon - 10K or longer
Full Marathon - 10 Miles or longer

A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following*:
Name of Race
Distance
City
State
Date
Finish time

*For example, Walt Disney World Marathon, 26.2, Orlando, FL, 1/13/13, - 3:35

If you do not have a proof of time to submit, list "N/A" at the point of registration. If proof of time is not provided by October 10, 2014 you will be placed in the last start corral. If your proof of time data is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral. To provide or update your proof of time, you must email all proof of time data requested above to disneysports@trackshack.com. No corral changes will be made after October 10, 2014.

As a reminder, you will no longer be able to bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth during the Expo and have your start corral placement changed.

Dates, times and prices subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.

So even though the wife hasn't approved me running yet, I can sign up now and then move to 2016 if she says no. It will cost me $45 to move it but I won't lose the full amount if she says no. I better sign up on the DVC site and save $10.. then it would only cost me $35 to move if I had to. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter