Nemo Submarine codes added to the easily obtainable code list

You all are getting into that gray area we ALL hate playing in! There are some things that are more rare than others, that's how everything is, both in the game and in real life. A real life example might be gold. Gold fluctuates in value minute by minute. If there is a lot of gold circulating, the value goes down. If there is little gold available, it's value increases. Of course, with the markets there are many other factors involved, but you get the general idea. With a lot of the older players either leaving vmk or being banned from the game, their items have been taken out of circulation, bringing their value up to those who own them and wish to sell or trade them. Try trading for items that people have a lot of first, then trade those items for somewhat rarer items. That is how you get what you want. There are MANY items I don't have on vmk and in real life. I'll never have them, and I'm okay with that. I play the game to talk to friends and sometimes trade for things I would like to have but can't buy.
As for the codes from the Nemo game? It is a very easy game and too often people will try taking advantage of others who don't know where to access the game or just can't make it work on their computers. That's when you'll see some of us post that we will gift that item. Yes, some of us DIS'ers do gift those things. Just put out your request and see what can happen on this forums. You will be amazed. Read the RAOK thread. Lots of great Dis people here!

This is not difficult to understand. You are welcome to ask to trade FOR the items. It is NOT ok to put them up for trade. There have been many people, including DIS people (sadly) that have tried to pass off these easy game items as rare or difficult to obtain. I remember a few people asking a ton for the free room codes we got from Kellogg's awhile back. This is what the Mods are trying to prevent. They just want the new people to be aware that these items are not that difficult to get on their own so that they will not be scammed into spending a lot on items that they could get for free. Now if that person tries to get them on their own and can't, then they are allowed to ask to trade FOR the items.

I only somewhat disagree with making this game part of the "easily obtainable codes". The hard level actually is quite tough for many people, myself included. It's sort of making the whole "easily obtainable" part a misnomer. I don't really have a suggestion for what should be done because I guess it doesn't really make sense to say "Hey, don't offer to trade easy or medium codes, but you can still trade the hard codes from the game." There probably isn't a lot of interest in JUST the back of the sub.

I don't know... I'm just curious to know how many people, like myself, find the third level difficult? The codes are certainly obtainable, but not easily.

Somebody please explain to me what the difference is between the game that gives you the tron arcades and the game that gives you the pirate ship parts? I see more posts on here about not being able to beat level three on the pirate ship game than I do the other game. But you can trade the tron arcades but not the ship codes. I myself cannot beat the tron game( I don't really try to play it much because I don't like it), but my friend says it is easy and wins all the time. I don't think he can beat the pirate ship game, but I have mastered it.
I have no problem with somebody posting this came from a game that you can play yourself and win if you know how. In fact I believe the tron arcade game thing has a cheat guide somewhere online.

Same thing with the sparrow stuff you win form deadmans chest game, you can trade it but not narnia teleporters. They are both hard to aquire from the games. Now somebody is going to say that there are bad narnia teleporters codes out there and could get you banned, than why can you gift these to somebody? Whether they are gifted or traded to you and are bad codes, you still get banned!

Somebody please explain to me what the difference is between the game that gives you the tron arcades and the game that gives you the pirate ship parts?

Nothing. Ship parts are not on the list, its the other POTC game that is.

I myself cannot beat the tron game( I don't really try to play it much because I don't like it), but my friend says it is easy and wins all the time.

It takes a long time to master the game, and more cant than can. In the Nemo game, more can than cant. Notice cabinets trade more than tron tables, that is because the blast in space game is more challenging than hyperspace mountain.

Same thing with the sparrow stuff you win form deadmans chest game, you can trade it but not narnia teleporters.

Only the sparrow suit, which is difficult to obtain. The Narnia teleporters is not because we are afraid you will get banned, its because the game was so hacked that they are easily obtainable.

Mnementh said:
I only somewhat disagree with making this game part of the "easily obtainable codes". The hard level actually is quite tough for many people, myself included. It's sort of making the whole "easily obtainable" part a misnomer. I don't really have a suggestion for what should be done because I guess it doesn't really make sense to say "Hey, don't offer to trade easy or medium codes, but you can still trade the hard codes from the game." There probably isn't a lot of interest in JUST the back of the sub.

I don't know... I'm just curious to know how many people, like myself, find the third level difficult? The codes are certainly obtainable, but not easily.

But you can beat it right? The majority of people who can beat this game far surpasses the minority who can't. That is where we define "easily obtainable"

Perhaps, to appease everyone, there could be one thread, with a sticky, where people can post to trade, give away, or ask for these codes. Y'know, so no one is forced to turn to other, lesser, boards in their futile attempts to become rich off the Nemo game.

* Trades offering codes or items that are easily obtainable such as: multi-use credit codes, Everest(Yeti Vision), Narnia, POTC, Bridge to Terabithia Tree Houses, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage items, diving suit and codes already posted in the guide and the codes thread etc... will not be allowed. This list is subject to change, in accordance with changes made by VMK.

Special Note: Pink Monster Door Teleporter Codes are now an allowed item since the game is no longer available. Conquer the Sea codes are also allowed, as Kelloggs is no longer participating in that promotion. Narnia Wardrobe Teleporter codes are not allowed - too many codes for these were hacked by the use of code generators, and we have no way to determine how the codes offered here were obtained.

The POTC needs to be more specific, me and my sister(delicious) both have been under the impression since the days we joined here that you could not trade ship codes. There are now 3 POTC games, one can give you sparrow suit, one gives you ship codes, and the other gives you a flag you can print(which will probably change someday). So are they all not allowed?

I don't know what a code generator is or how it works but I assume it is something that gives you tons of codes real fast from reading about it here before. That is why I made screenshots of the narnia site showing I won even though it was a glitch on their system. I have entered several codes(about one every week or two) and somebody even gifted the codes here the next day, so I don't understand why I can't trade these for something I need(not asking for inferno or something super rare) just something I may not have. I would not post I have 100 codes to trade and flood vmk to draw attention even though I did get them without a code generator.

Sorry for the confusion about the POTC codes. I have added "Dead Man's Chest" to the description of the game. The ship codes game is called Pirate's Adventure. As far as the game that you win the flag and can make a photo of yourself as a pirate, we will have to wait to see if anything for VMK is added or not before making a decision.

I'm sorry you don't agree with some of the guidelines we have set, but we are only doing our best to help protect our traders. Past experience has been our guide to establishing these, and we don't plan on making any changes at this point in time.

again, its not wether or not the narnian codes are legit or not. It's VMK's responsibility to deal with that. Our responsibility is to our members, and we do not want our members to get the raw end of the deal on easily obtained narnia codes.

The deal with the narnia codes is all about "easily obtained'

The Narnia teleporters were all over the place because of illegal code generators. In the game, they were very difficult to obtain and that made them valuable. I accepted that the board mods were blocking those trades because they were probably illegally obtained and the cheaters were just taking advantage of people who did not know about the code generators.

Personally, I think that precedent is being extended a little too far. If a code or item is easily obtained then it naturally is not going to trade for ridiculous amounts. That's especially true on this board where a "gift thread" is likely to pop up and pull all the value out of the item completely. So where is the potential for scamming?

The Narnia teleporters were all over the place because of illegal code generators. In the game, they were very difficult to obtain and that made them valuable. I accepted that the board mods were blocking those trades because they were probably illegally obtained and the cheaters were just taking advantage of people who did not know about the code generators.

Personally, I think that precedent is being extended a little too far. If a code or item is easily obtained then it naturally is not going to trade for ridiculous amounts. That's especially true on this board where a "gift thread" is likely to pop up and pull all the value out of the item completely. So where is the potential for scamming?
You would be surprised. All day yesterday I had my room open to show the new submarine. Many people didn't know how to get it because there hasn't been an announcement about it yet. I can't tell you how many times I was thanked for showing them how to get it for free because of the number of people trying to make them give rare items for free submarine pieces. Today my room is open again and same thing is going on. And there have been people coming in trying to trade those pieces for rare.

As far as "easily obtainable", personally I don't view it as how easy or hard the game is for someone (since that's all relative anyway), but rather the fact that all PC users can access the game. You're not required to go to a park, you're not required a time limit to how often you can redeem codes, etc. In that sense, it is easily obtainable.

Ultimately, I respect the Mods and appreciate their desire to protect Disboard users from scams.

Some people can't play the game, can't beat it, don't have time for another game, and/or simply don't want to bother - they just want the new items. As I understand it, it's ok for people to open trade threads requesting these items. So long as this is true, then all should be fine.

Though, personally, I have to say I think trade threads offering the pieces should be allowed so long as any such offer fairly advises the buyers with a disclaimer... something along the lines of:

These items are available for free to anyone via the Finding Nemo game, see this link for details:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1474551

Just my two cents. Thanks for listening. :goodvibes

I use the Briar Rule of Easily Obtainable.

I stink at the Arcade games. I couldn't get any of those on my own.
But with a lot of persistence, I was able to get all three levels of Nemo on
my own. ;)

Still, I know there are people who are even worse than I am on these games,
but I'm sure there are a LOT of people who find the Nemo game so simple
that they can accumulate a LOT of codes.

The Moderators here are trying to protect us from those who are trying to
get as much rare items for things like Nemo sub (or the Terabithia treehouse).

I think WDWspirit had the right idea. She showed her submarine to players
in VMK and told them how to get their own. I remember being in a trade
room the day or so after the Terabithia game came out. People left and
right were saying: "Trading treehouse". Every time I'd see that, I would
announce that the treehouses are free items.

Let's face it. People will try to convince you that any buyable is the most
rare item in VMK if you didn't know any better. In this case, the Nemo game
has been classified to "buyable value" status.

Ultimately, I respect the Mods and appreciate their desire to protect Disboard users from scams.

Some people can't play the game, can't beat it, don't have time for another game, and/or simply don't want to bother - they just want the new items. As I understand it, it's ok for people to open trade threads requesting these items. So long as this is true, then all should be fine.

Though, personally, I have to say I think trade threads offering the pieces should be allowed so long as any such offer fairly advises the buyers with a disclaimer... something along the lines of:

These items are available for free to anyone via the Finding Nemo game, see this link for details:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1474551

Just my two cents. Thanks for listening. :goodvibes

And we have allowed that in the past and we may again in the future.

BUT right now these codes are not Tradeable here on the DIS. It is usually when an item is first introduce that the scammings occur.

To everyone, not just Bob(did not want it to seems as I was talking to you Bob alone)

We, the moderators, do not ask that you agree with us on this decision, we just ask that you abide by it and the other trading rules of the board if you wish to trade here.

Thank you everyone for understanding and Happy Trading. :)

...We, the moderators, do not ask that you agree with us on this decision, we just ask that you abide by it and the other trading rules of the board if you wish to trade here.

Thank you everyone for understanding and Happy Trading. :)
Yup yup. As you say Mistress Mal. Nooo problem-os here. No-sirry-bob :tongue:

Seriously, it's all good in the hood! :goodvibes

...did not want it to seems as I was talking to you Bob alone...
Awww, gwarsh, thanks for thinking of meh feelings. :teeth: :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter