Never go to Pizza Hut before your favorite TV show!!!

Disney845

I miss my custom tags
Last night my SO and I decided to go to Pizza Hut to grab a quick dinner before the Mole came on. Now let me break here to say that the Mole is my absolutely favorite TV show and the only show we make a habit of being sure we are home to watch during the week! We go to Pizza Hut which is like 10 min from home. We order the meal for two which is a medium pizza, salad and drinks, we also ordered breadsticks. We got our drinks which were devoid of any carbonation and requested iced tea instead of pepsi and dr. pepper. We ate the salad which was on the salad bar and we helped our selves. Then we sat. And sat and sat! There were only 3 other tables occupied in the whole restaurant and all of them already had food. The waitress came back 30 min later to say the pizza was on its way. SO asked about the breadsticks (which should have come out first) and she said they were coming they take about 13 min. Well we had been there long enough for two orders to be made. When it had reached 45 min of waiting SO went to the counter and asked to pay for the meal and have it boxed whenever it finally came out. The waitress came over with the bill and "generously" :rolleyes: said she wouldn't charge us for the breadsticks because we had waited so long. Another group came in and sat. Within 6-7 min they had breadsticks. By now it is 3 min before the Mole is starting. I am fuming. It should never take 55 min to get a pizza and breadsticks in an almost empty restaurant. I am giving the waitress the evil eye. SO suggests that I go wait in the car (what did I do ? ;) ) the waitress comes over and says would you like an order of hot wings? We made them by mistake the people just wanted mild, they will be free of charge she says. Well thanks! :rolleyes: I see a pizza walk by me to the table that arrived at least 30 min after us. I have to hold back a growl. I go out to the car to refrain from making a scene SO says. At 9:03 he sprints out of pizza hut, pizza, wings, and breadsticks in hand and off we go. I only missed the very beginning, but I was bumbed! I was also seriously considering writing a letter to pizza hut to complain. 55 min to get a pizza in an almost empty (we had to be the only order at the time we placed it) restaurant is rediculous.

That really stinks. Delivery would be much better. At least then if it took 55 minutes, you could at least watch your show!!

Are you sure you weren't in Greenville last night? I swear our Pizza Hut is just as bad. And talk about rude!! UUGGHH! We simply stopped going there, we eat at Pizza Inn now.

I say never go to Pizza Hut PERIOD.

Yuck! Even frozen pizza is better than that stuff.

Are you sure you were not at our Pizza Hut last night? Honestly, we waited forever too. I got the buffet, dh and dd got personal pans which take all of 10 mins tops to make. The resturant was almost empty too. Seems like since we got delivery ours has slowed down more.

Pizza Hut seems to have a problem because ours is just like that as well. I do like the pizza but they take forever when you order.

Ours is decently fast, we are rare I guess :confused:

We don't have that many sit down Pizza Huts around here. But I do remember that all the pop there is flat.

Disney845 your much nicer than I am I would of said something.

Funny how ALL the Pizza Huts are the same. Maybe we should all write the corprate office. :rolleyes: If we had something better here I'd go there. Mellow Mushroom makes a great pizza. :)

This is hysterical. I thought only our Pizza Hut was ridiculous when it came to service. One night DH and I took two of the kids in there and we were the ONLY people there--pizza took forever and we had to wave our arms in the air to get the waitress to refill our drinks! She was busy at the counter talking to her BF. We left her 2 cents.
Another time we were going in and a family coming out stopped us and said "it's just not worth it!!" So we went to the Pizza Hut in the next town--never a problem there.
Robin M.

Pizza Hut is so slow but I like their stuffed crust. Does anyone else make this?

I think a lot of restaurants are going downhill. We went to usually reliable Wendy's the other day for take out and the order was messed up and the food was overcooked and cold. I think I may just have to stick to Chick Fil A with Popeyes as an occasional treat.

We USED to order Pizza Hut Delivery for lunch at work on special occasions. The last time - we called at 10:30 because we knew that's when the manager came in, ordered our pizza to be delivered at 11:30 a.m. Well our pizza finally showed up at 1:00 p.m.!!!! We had called twice to see if the delivery guy got lost (they are only 3 blocks away)!

We went to our Pizza Hut one night and DH ordered a beer, they said the beer was all warm. They brought us paper plates & cups b/c the others were all dirty and then they had no clean silverware either. There was more food on the floor than in the kitchen! It was disgusting!! We didn't go back for about 3 years. Now it's only marginally better. We only go to PH when we're out of town b/c DS-6 LOVES it.

we don't have a resturant one...just a take-out and delievery adn they are just normal speed

the one in Orlando isn't that slow either...that's the only one we have ever ate at inside

I must say that you are a MUCH bigger person than I am, cause everyone in that place would have known how PISSED I was!!! That didn't even happen to me, but I am not real happy about it, mainly because I SOOOOO FEEL YOUR EXPERIENCE!!! Write the letter, want me to do it? :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter