New "All You Can Eat Pass" at Universal/IoA

phamton

The Other Orlando Themepark
For $19.95 (plus tax) for adults and $12.95 (plus tax) for children (age 9 years and under), you can buy an "All You Can Eat Pass" all day long. Beverages are not included.

You can choose 1 entree, 1 side, and 1 dessert each time you go through the line. You can eat as often as you wish during the day.

The participating restaurants at Universal Studios are:
Louie's Italian Restaurant
Mel's Drive-in
International Food and Film Festival

At IOA:
Circus McGirkus
Captain American Diner
Comic Strip Cafe

You can purchase these at the dining and Information Carts at Citywalk, Universal Studios, and IOA and also at the Ticket booths at both parks.

They can also be purchased at these stores:
Universal Studio Store
Sahara Traders
Islands of Adventure Trading Company
Marvel Alterniverse Store

*excluding Breakfast, gelato, whole pizzas, and Starbucks products at Louies, Ben and Jerry's ice cream at Cathy's and Dippin' Dots at Circus McGirkus. Valid at both parks.

Wonder if you can get an AP discount for that eating pass? That list doesn't look appealing. Maybe that's why they are doing the "all you can eat" to drum up business at those places.

I wonder if you can share the pass? Or does it have a name. Not trying to cheat the system.. just wondering.

i think this could fly for me.
i have been to many on that list and it is doable.

where did this info come from?
is this info on their website?

i posted on that thread already.

all of us have different opinions. i have not tried comic strip cafe but have tried all the others.

let me put it to you all this way:

if i don't have to cook the food, i will eat it and anything else there.

i am so looking forward to my 14 day vacation without any of my family.
i will not cook, clean, do laundry, chauffer kids, clean the cat litter boxes.

at my house, the 5 all have different food likes & dislikes. there are some evenings i am cooking three different meals to suit all...............

the ones listed at ioa i really did like.
did not care for mels at us but the other two were fine.

i am interested in this new deal. i paid about $8.50 for the chicken dinner at intl food and festival and loved it. also had some other things there .
that costs plus dessert could run me 10. i do two places and it will be worth it to me.

remember: if i don't have to cook it (or clean up after it) the food will be great for me...... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'll have to keep this in mind. We were planning on eating at Louie's and Circus anyway, so it might be an option.

Is this a trial right now or is it permanent?? Do you think it will be around in September??

:flower: ,
Katie

Another good reason Universal are catching up to disney. That is a good deal for us fast food eaters and park commandos.

I'm wondering... Do I have to eat in or can I take out? I'm staying onsite and may want to get something as I leave the park to take back to the room. (If they're still offering this in October.)

i have eaten at circu mcgurkus three times. and once in 03 for hhn. they had a breakfast spread 9.99 all you can eat from midnight to 2 am.

out of the three times during the day that we ate there, only once were we dissatisfied with the food. i took it back up to the cashier and told her, "i don't like this" she said is it bad........i told her it wasn't what i thought it would be. she refunded all my money and gave me another entree free.

i have never had any issues with food at universal. if i order something and it is not correct or ill prepared, i speak up and the problem is solved.

does anyone know if this will be going on in october?

They have wristbands and so you can't share. I have heard that you can't get food to go, but I may be wrong on this.

They've had it for quite awhile at Universal Hollywood and since it was so popular there, they decided to try it here.

I don't believe they have an AP discount but not sure on this. It is so new here (it just started two days ago) so I don't know a lot of specifics such as AP discounts (if any) or how long it will be around. It is on a trial basis to see how popular it turns out to be and, if the first day sales are any indication, I suspect it will be around for awhile.

I'll ask my son this afternoon if there are AP, AAA, or Mastercard discounts.

The eating places chosen are because of cheaper prices, I suspect. They couldn't exactly do an "all you can eat all day" at Lombards for $20 without losing a ton of money.

edited to add: Even though some of those eating places were listed in the thread on where not to eat, I know that Louie's usually gets good reviews. You can still get pizza there, just not the full size pizza. It is the 7" individual pizza that is one of the entrees.

We have eaten numerous times at comic strip cafe and international f and f f. We have always had good food there - better than most Disney counters.
What is stopping an adult going through the line a few times at each meal to get food for the rest of the family if its all you can eat ?

Just talked to my son and also called guest services to confirm: There are no AP discounts or other discounts on the "all you can eat."

What is stopping an adult going through the line a few times at each meal to get food for the rest of the family

If you have a wristband on and the rest of your family does not, it will be quite obvious if you are sharing.

No Discount, No Sharing, No Takeout.....It's still a great deal to me. I'm going to try it in October if it's still offered. Phamton, Thanks for all of the info and keeping us posted.

I'm gonna try it out next month when I go. It's good for my fiance who loves eat, and is not picky at all. He likes counter service food. Maybe it'll stop him from picking up $5-$6 snacks all the time! lol. :drinking:

Its says no breaksfast. It cold still be good value if you are a big eater and eat lunch dinner and supper :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter