New Carpool Thread

Read post below, what car are you in now?

• Car #1 - The Magic has not faded at all for me

• Car #2 - The Magic has faded, but I am optimistic that it will return

• Car #3 - The Magic has faded, and I am concerned that it will not return

• Car #4 - The Magic has faded, and I am pessimistic about its return

• Car #5 - The Magic is gone, I'm through with WDW

Results are only viewable after voting.

All Aboard

Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas
Seems we've had alot of changes around here and some new folks join us. In looking at the descriptions of the cars, I think I missed one in the middle. I'd like to get a fresh look at the occupants of all the cars. Trouble is, if I add a car in the middle, some folks may find themselves in the new car#4 instead of the old car#3 (even though their opinion hasn't changed.) Since we've even given nicknames to car#3 occupants, our whole vernacular may change.

Even still, I'll throw it out there and see if we have any takers. If I dies, a moderator can go ahead and end it's suffering.

Well!! Since I was the first to answer the other thread thread, I'll do the same again (that means I get to drive!!) And just when I got used to the steering on Car #3 I find myself driving Car #4!! Hmmm. I have a feeling it'll get a little crowded though. ;)

ALL ABOARD!!!

AHHHHH!!! Scoop beat me to it!!!!! :(

...I hope the thread sticks around for awhile. I'd like to wait until about December 10th to select a new car, if I may.

I think I like the addition of the extra car; although I suspect, should Eisner be ousted, many occupants of Car #4 may suddenly be trying to paint #3-A on the side...

Jeff

To echo JeffJ's comments. I wonder if the threepers might split up now. since really what you've done is split them into to groups.

I'm still disatisfied with the choices and will continue on in the Harley.
Its just as well that Car 3 might be broken up. Last time I was in Chicago, the Gas Prices were pretty high. And Landbaron would have had to pay for the nose since it would take a suburban to fit all those threepers.

But I can't help but thinking I'm not being pessimistic....just realistic.

If they make the cuts, they're gone for good.

These cuts remind me of some ride closures. There's a lagoon who's ride was closed temporarily a few years ago....some refurb.

I'm in car #1 based on my visit in the beginning of October. I go back the end of February and will re-evalute at that point.

I don't remember what car I actually voted for last time. My real pick was 2 1/2 but since you have more of my choice in your group I voted 3.

Verbatim. I am voting from a truly personal perspective. I am concerned by recent actions and inactions but I'm still having just as much fun at WDW as ever...So how could I, in good conscience, vote anything other that numero uno?
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Here in NJ I'm in car three mostly especially when im on the DIS

When I'm in Florida im in car #1 so i'll do the reasonable thing and take the average

Im in car 4!!! And would agree with JeffJewel that the ouster of eisner would make people consider their car but as long as he is in charge i have little hope things will improve.

I don't think that anyone who would choose car #5 will be here to answer the poll. Just a thought. :)

Car #3 is getting crowded! Oh well, I am concerned but not quite pessimistic yet. Teetering on the edge though...

Well, I still haven't voted in my own poll. My thought process resembles that of Vizzini when challenged by the Dread Pirate Roberts to a battle of wits. "I clearly cannot choose the car before me."

So, I'll save my vote for a couple of weeks. I need one WDW trip post-recent cuts to decide.

Still car #1 but as a few mentioned, I haven't been since 2000 and with many of the recent changes, I will decide in May.

INConcievable!!!!!

You also Clearly cannot choose the car infront of hime (which him?)
But He must have known that..........:)

I'm being consistent ;) and sticking with Car #3. Not so much the company, per se, because I am a hopeless optimist when it comes to upgrading the parks -- for every DCA there is a DisneySeas just waiting to explore.

However, the news on animation and the direct expansion of WDW and the hotels makes me guarded about whether or not the "Disney Decade" (as disappointing as that turned out to be it was much better than what the gloomsters are predicting for the future, eh?) is over for good. Will there be another successful run of animated features? Will there be another dazzling expansion to the existing lands in each park? Will DisneySeas ever make it to Orlando?

I'm concerned .

for now...we are going again in Jan. and I hope to be in #1.

Seems the "chicken Little" mentality may not be so pervasive around here after all!;)

Seems the "chicken Little" mentality may not be so pervasive around here after all
...not sure what you mean. In the new carpool thread, we've got ~33% of folks saying the Magic is as Magical as it ever was, and ~%67 saying it has faded to at least some degree. Those numbers are ~34% and ~65%, respectively in the old poll. Statistically, that's a wash: the new poll reads exactly like the old poll on that topic.

The real difference (so far, anyway) is with the number of folks who believe that the Magic has faded somewhat, but are optimistic about it's return (~24% in the new poll, ~41% in the old poll) versus those who are not optimistic (~42% in the new poll, ~24% in the old poll).

The data so far collected suggests that the biggest change in opinion between the two polls is that a statistically significant amount of respondents who used to be optimistic about the return of the Magic are no longer optimistic.

"Chicken Little" me if you must, but Disney's customers, even those fanatics that frequent this board, are becoming less and less optimistic that the faded Magic they see ain't gonna be back.

Jeff

Mostly Jeff, I was just kidding...

...But it seems to me the figures show about an even split between those generally satisfied or more vs. those generally disatisfied or less - Although far more of the posters lately seem to be of the more negative variety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter