New DVC Member Question - Points

KeyRose

Earning My Ears
Hello, After years and years of research and debating to buy DVC, we sent an offer today! I’m so excited!! 😁😁 Of course I am already planning on when to use our points. My question is, does the check out day get counted towards points as well? Example: if we plan to arrive to Saratoga Springs on June 2 2024 and checkout June 5 2024, how many points should I account for?

Woo congrats and welcome home! Your points are used they same ways as if it were a cash booking- it’s based on night(s) spent there so no, the checkout day point value won’t get factored into how many points your stay is since you’re not spending the night of the 5th.

In the case you’ve given, your 3 nights, June 2, 3 and 4 are 13pts each night so your total for your June 2 arrival to June 5th checkout is 39pts :)

Woo congrats and welcome home! Your points are used they same ways as if it were a cash booking- it’s based on night(s) spent there so no, the checkout day point value won’t get factored into how many points your stay is since you’re not spending the night of the 5th.

In the case you’ve given, your 3 nights, June 2, 3 and 4 are 13pts each night so your total for your June 2 arrival to June 5th checkout is 39pts :)
Thank you So much!! I am beyond excite and can’t wait for our first stay.

Hello, After years and years of research and debating to buy DVC, we sent an offer today! I’m so excited!! 😁😁 Of course I am already planning on when to use our points. My question is, does the check out day get counted towards points as well? Example: if we plan to arrive to Saratoga Springs on June 2 2024 and checkout June 5 2024, how many points should I account for?
A nice little app I use for planning across various resorts and room sizes is the DVC toolkit. Free and super convenient.

You bought SSR at just the right time. I own elsewhere and never had a desire to stay at SSR UNTIL I couldn't get in anywhere else recently and had to stay there. WOW. It was wonderful. They did a great job on the renovation and the new pull down murphy bed (instead of the pull out couches) was so comfortable. They did a fantastic job on SSR and you will be very pleased with your purchase.

The walk to Disney Springs and the boats to the Port Orleans resorts plus Old Key West were still very peaceful, relaxing and a delight. SSR is a lovely location.

Congrats! How exciting for you.

You bought SSR at just the right time. I own elsewhere and never had a desire to stay at SSR UNTIL I couldn't get in anywhere else recently and had to stay there. WOW. It was wonderful. They did a great job on the renovation and the new pull down murphy bed (instead of the pull out couches) was so comfortable. They did a fantastic job on SSR and you will be very pleased with your purchase.

The walk to Disney Springs and the boats to the Port Orleans resorts plus Old Key West were still very peaceful, relaxing and a delight. SSR is a lovely location.

Congrats! How exciting for you.
Thank you!! I am beyond excited. It was definitely between SSR and AKL but SSR won because the use year was sooner 😅

As others mentioned there are good phone Apps for calculating points - this is one I use on the desktop: https://www.dvcstore.com/points-calculator.htm when you have a DVC account you can calculate using the one on the Disney site too - but for some reason the App and this one seem easier to me ;) Be sure when figuring points you look at how many rooms for each category are available at the resort - for example there are often very few low point rooms and you'll find booking easier if you have enough points for a view room at Aulani or Boardwalk, for example (The Field Guide $13 has that info for each resort https://www.dvcfieldguide.com/) I love my copy of The Field Guide - has a lot of helpful info on each DVC resort you'll spend hours collecting yourself online lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter