• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New DVC Resorts??

Dr. David Q. Dawson

Mouseketeer
I haven't seen any rumors posted recently about possible new DVC Resorts opening. What is the current gossip these days? Contemporary? Eagle Pines? California? Just fun to speculate...

Well not exactly sure what is going on over there but while in WDW last week we rented the mouseboats out on Seven seas & bay lake and they were gutting out the south wing of the contemporary?????

Not sure whats up but made me happy about using my extra points at the GF instead of the tower room.

Ah, that's more like it!.. Is it me, or does there seem to be alot of DVC California activity recently? Does this hint at some sort of property out there eventually? Might be nice.

I feel there are enough options onsite and would prefer California and additional offsites.

MAC3 - are they gutting the inside like they did with the Polyn.

or is the entire building begin torn down - like DVC does?

Spicey,

They were just gutting with one side of the building torn off (the side toward the lake) like granny posted on the other sites that they are redecorating rooms (they look cool too)

sounds like WDW is kepting the Cont.

Oh well maybe one day we will get a monrail DVC resort. the one BIG promise that hasn't been meet.

When on my trip in June, we went to a manager's meeting at YC&BC and was able to talk to one of the managers for quite awhile. The subject about other hotels, CR work, DVC, etc. did come up. He said that CR is only remodeling the rooms and giving them a much needed update, but DVC was not moving in there, it would stay a WDW hotel. He did say that there are plans for another WDW hotel, but that would be another few years off.

Then later we went to the DVC members meeting and talked to the DVC rep running the meeting, afterwards. He said that there aren't any plans to add another DVC property at WDW since SSR is still selling. But there are plans to have a future property (possibly at Eagle Pines) in about 5 year. From what we understand, ony 25% of all WDW property has been developed so there is plenty of room for additional everything in the future.

The DVC rep did say that sales in California are taking off at a much faster pace than expected. Where many people in FL don't know about DVC, it is the opposite in CA and people can't wait to buy in (this was also part of the meeting). I believe he did say that DVC was building a property in CA.

That is all I have heard. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter