New Etiquette Question-Theatre Related

You can ask, but don't plan on a yes.

Having worked front of house at a theater (actually 2), I can tell you that some people are VERY picky about their seats and even that small of a move would not be taken kindly. People are weird.

Honestly, I wouldn't ask. They might offer, if they notice your group is separated. As others have said, people can be very fussy about theater tickets. I can see someone stewing the whole show if they moved and someone had big hair in front of them.

I can’t think of any play or musical I’d like to see where popcorn is sold at the venue where it’s playing.

I'm LOLing at the judgement. My DH of course said he'd be fine to sit by himself. Heck, my mom might prefer to sit with him and me sit by myself! My mom declined and said she's perfectly content to sit by herself 2 seats down, she's just happy we invited her and are doing the driving. At the end of the day it's not a big deal because, as most people said, it isn't like we are going to be chatting throughout the performance. I just was thinking it could be a no big deal solution since it's literally switching one seat. If we were rows apart or something like that I wouldn't even attempt it. But I think I'll just wait and see who the people are and feel the situation out.

Perhaps I'll be the recipient of some good karma since more than once I've voluntarily offered to switch to the middle seat from an aisle on an airplane since I'm 5'0 tall and clearly don't need legroom and I felt bad for some 6' guy trying to fold himself into the seat. We shall see. The play is at Christmas so maybe someone will feel some Christmas magic. Either way it will be a lovely night with my mom and husband. I appreciate everyone's responses.

I have season tickets for the touring productions and our theatre does sell popcorn at some of the productions mostly the more family friendly ones. I am pretty sure they sold it at Anastasia in March but can’t remember it for Pretty Woman last month.

As for the original question, I agree that there is no harm in asking. :)

Reactions: GAN
When my daughter and I went to a concert, there was a couple to the right of us (not on the aisle) that kept looking at us. It really was bothering us the entire concert. Come to find out, they were with the people to the left of us and they had brought their 90 year old dad and after the show almost ran over me trying to get to him to help him down the stairs. I wish they had asked to switch seats with us and explained they were together so they weren't constantly turning their heads to us the entire night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter