New here

sunlver

<font color=darkorchid>Well ahhh, I got poked with
Ive never posted on this board. I dont have all the details. This post is about my sister in law. She is 37. From what my husband tells me, she has had some sort of cancer since she has been a teenager. She has one leg amputated 14 yrs ago, both breasts removed. She is a remarkable women. Has worked fulltime on and off during all this time, traveled , and has a remarkable husband.
About 2 yrs ago she was diagnosed with colon cancer, she had surgery went through chemo,but then over a yr later it came back(It came back Dec 2006). Again went through chemo and was doing ok. She was here last Aug 2007 right after she had finished chemo. She was bald(First time I had seen her that way). She seemed ok, not at her best. She was back here for a visit in Feb. She looked WONDERFUL...she had lots of energy, was full of life, and her hair was back :)....
She called my husband 2 days ago and said that her cancer numbers were up. I am sorry that I dont know the technical terms for all of this..

I know in August, she said the life span for recurring colon cancer was about 18 months...:(

Does anybody have any info on recurring colon cancer? I guess since Ive known my sister in law, she has beat so many other types of cancer and has always suprised the drs on her will to fight.

I am just not sure what is going to happen from here on out :(

We live in Va, she is in TX, so it is not like we see her often. I know my husband is quite worred :(

I think it all depends if the cancer has spread to other organs in the body. I'm not sure of the statistics as every patient is different.

I will say a prayer for you, for her, and for you family.

I don't know much about cancers, but I know that I can add your family to my prayers. Your SIL sounds like a very remarkable woman.

:grouphug:

I have no experience with this cancer. I will say prayers for your SIL and your family..:grouphug:

I don't know much about it, but she sounds like a fighter and I hope she beats it again.:grouphug: :grouphug:

Every situation is very unique. You really can never predict exactly what's going to happen. I agree, she sounds like a fighter. Follow her lead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter