New Items 5-04

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what VMK was trying to do was balance it out today - give the girls a new hat and give the boys a new hat. :confused3 Face it, no matter WHAT pirate hat they released to the boys today, everyone would have been up in arms that they couldn't buy it with their girl character. What kind of pirate hat can you create that looks totally BOY? It doesn't matter what it looks like, girls will want it and cry unfair. But I see it as TOTALLY fair today - we BOTH got a new hat. Be happy! :thumbsup2
I'm not saying it has to look totally boy. The point is that all other pirate hats have been unisex...surely they would have foreseen an uproar that now girls can't have the latest pirate hat. I don't really see that as being fair. If it were going to be a gender specific thing, then why can girls wear the Jack Sparrow hat (who is a male) and boys can wear the Princess Minnie hat (who is a female)? I have no problems with them doing gender specific things, but I do think they need to be consistent with where they draw a line, otherwise I don't find reason why girls shouldn't be bothered by this...after all, VMK has indicated by past pirate hat releases that both genders can wear them.

I don't much care that girls have more items than boys. If they wanted to fix it, make it even, they should have done it with a gender specific costume, like princes, Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Davy Jones, something like that.

This is a hat that both genders have had for a year, but with a bird. The only difference is an adorable little green bird. They've teased us with it for ages, even giving us magic that shows it off (hey how about releasing the costume from the magic?), and now only boys can wear it.

They could've easily released a second bandanna for the boys, without the ear rings if they felt the need, to make things even instead of essentially alienating the fairer portion of the VMK population.

JUst so everybody know I sent a message to vmk about the hats and got this responce:
Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your feedback and will
forward it to the appropriate area for review.

Items and functionality in the game are subject to change without
notice.

Regards,

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support
http://www.vmk.com

this was the message i sent please if you feel strong about this they will not do anything unless they know how we feel!

>THE NEW PARROT HAT! Sure there are some things that should be
separated and that I can understand. I get why a Disney company needs to draw
the line that girls wear dresses and boys wear pants, but I don't agree
with it,Drawing the line between a pirate and bandana/hat is pointless
and only makes people unhappy. I and many other players have watched
baby wear that hat and dreamed of the day we too could wear it, well that
day has come and slipped right through my virtual hands :( Please
Please re consider you dession and make the new pirate hats and bandannas
for everyone to enjoy. Thank you Parrot_princess.

I don't much care that girls have more items than boys. If they wanted to fix it, make it even, they should have done it with a gender specific costume, like princes, Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Davy Jones, something like that.

Uh ah. Don't put Davy Jones in the one gender only pile. I'm not really upset about the "gender only" hats in fact I adore my red bandana, but if Davy Jones turns out to be only for the boys that's when i'll be upset. :scared:

This is not about whether an item looks feminine or masculine! It's about releasing a special item for girls and a special item for boys. I must have taken too many "dumb pills" this morning because I am still NOT GETTING THE PROBLEM HERE. :confused3 That bandana goes with a GIRL outfit. Sorry, but I don't think boys are going to walk around wearing that vested outfit with the way it's designed!! SO.... VMK could have released the bandana as girls only and the hat as unisex.... But give the boys a break will you? VMK decided to be reasonable and give the boys their own special hat. I guarantee you it doesn't stop here. The girls will get that little outfit to go with their "hat" and GET READY FOLKS for the boys are going to get that long awaited pirate costume that is going to be exclusively theirs. I think I'd better stay off the DIS boards that day for it's going to be one miserable place around here when the rest of the costumes get released...:thumbsup2

I personally feel the haunted mansion suits should be boy only xD Anyways back then in mansions it was meant for the girls to wear dresses and the boys to wear suits wasn't it? They changed the order xD

This is not about whether an item looks feminine or masculine! It's about releasing a special item for girls and a special item for boys. I must have taken too many "dumb pills" this morning because I am still NOT GETTING THE PROBLEM HERE. :confused3 That bandana goes with a GIRL outfit. Sorry, but I don't think boys are going to walk around wearing that vested outfit with the way it's designed!! SO.... VMK could have released the bandana as girls only and the hat as unisex.... But give the boys a break will you? VMK decided to be reasonable and give the boys their own special hat. I guarantee you it doesn't stop here. The girls will get that little outfit to go with their "hat" and GET READY FOLKS for the boys are going to get that long awaited pirate costume that is going to be exclusively theirs. I think I'd better stay off the DIS boards that day for it's going to be one miserable place around here when the rest of the costumes get released...:thumbsup2
I uunderstand what you're saying, but I'm not seeing the big deal in people disagreeing with you and wanting a shot at this pirate hat as well. Why is it an issue that girls want this hat too? Some of us just want consistency with the items...and this is inconsistent. We're going to have to agree to disagree here.

As far as the bandana is concerned, it looks like a chopped off version of the Smee hat to me...but I digress.

I don't have a problem with girls wanting the hat. I would like the hat!. But I'm not going to get upset over the fact I can't have *another* virtual item. I got something new today, I'm happy. :goodvibes

It's only when ppl start saying how unfair it is that I have a problem. I really am struggling with how it's unfair when boys got a hat and girls got a hat today. :confused3

I don't have a problem with girls wanting the hat. I would like the hat!. But I'm not going to get upset over the fact I can't have *another* virtual item. I got something new today, I'm happy. :goodvibes

It's only when ppl start saying how unfair it is that I have a problem. I really am struggling with how it's unfair when boys got a hat and girls got a hat today. :confused3
Some of us think it's unfair, some of us don't. I'm one of the ones who thinks it's unfair. Shouldn't be a big deal to those who don't think it's unfair because they have what makes them happy...therefore, it's all good for them. It shouldn't matter if the rest of us think it's unfair...it's ok for us to have a different opinion on the matter. ETA: it's not that each gender got their own hat, it's the consistency of the type of hat being given out. Girls have always been able to wear pirates hats until this point, and that's inconsistent with how it's been in the past...which does seem unfair on the matter. Just wanted to point that out because it's not simply a matter of boy gets a hat, girl gets a hat. If that was the only thing, I doubt this debate would be going as long as it has.

Let's just agree to disagree, ok? I don't think anyone's mind is going to change over this. :)

I personally feel the haunted mansion suits should be boy only xD Anyways back then in mansions it was meant for the girls to wear dresses and the boys to wear suits wasn't it? They changed the order xD

I actually agree with this. Also can think of a few others that should have been BUT could have had things changed so it could have been a female version as well. The HM outfits I would have liked if they made a girl version that looked close to what the HM CMs wear at the ride. The cowboy ones are another. Why couldn't we have had a cowgirl skirt to go with some girl looking like shirt instead of what they had. I find those outfits are very boy like and should have been for boys. The top hat as well is to a boy item. They did release it to all but oh well. Who cares though in the end cause we don't have to spend the credits on the things we don't want. I'm not going to get all upset over a game though.

And as far as this Baby person. Not to be mean or anything but I don't see why I should feel sorry that they don't have the only hat like that anymore. But then I don't get the big deal over it all really.

I just want to say that VMK could have easily made both hats for boys AND girls. I'm still happy with my bandana. Overall, I think Pirates Month is gonna be great... ROCK ON, VMK! :rockband:

I actually agree with this. Also can think of a few others that should have been BUT could have had things changed so it could have been a female version as well. The HM outfits I would have liked if they made a girl version that looked close to what the HM CMs wear at the ride. The cowboy ones are another. Why couldn't we have had a cowgirl skirt to go with some girl looking like shirt instead of what they had. I find those outfits are very boy like and should have been for boys. The top hat as well is to a boy item. They did release it to all but oh well. Who cares though in the end cause we don't have to spend the credits on the things we don't want. I'm not going to get all upset over a game though.

And as far as this Baby person. Not to be mean or anything but I don't see why I should feel sorry that they don't have the only hat like that anymore. But then I don't get the big deal over it all really.

Well said :thumbsup2

New Items for 5-04

Emporium

Dead Man's Chest Pin
dmc.jpg

Pirate Hat with Parrot (Guy's Only)
birdhat.jpg

We girls got the cool bandanna;)

Umm...I don't want all girls costumes to go the way of skirts only. I don't even wear many skirts or dresses in real life. Personally, I love the HM suits and the Cowboy/Cowgirl pants.
Accordingly, I am usually found wearing pants of some sort in the game. In fact, right now I'm wearing my grey HM suit with Princess Hat. I also wear the tophat quite a bit. :)

Umm...I don't want all girls costumes to go the way of skirts only. I don't even wear many skirts or dresses in real life. Personally, I love the HM suits and the Cowboy/Cowgirl pants.
Accordingly, I am usually found wearing pants of some sort in the game. I also wear the tophat quite a bit. :)
I wouldn't want all skirts only either, but I think she was doing more of a park ride comparison. Like the HM outfit...in the park ride, male CMs wear the suit, female CMs wear dresses. So it did seem kinda funny the suit was a unisex one in the game (at least to me it did).

Awww, no parrot for the female pirates :( Well, adleast I have a pirate hat though. There isn't much differnets between them.

Sadly, VMK is down and I haven't had a chance to get on today. I can't wait to see the banndana

I can see your point, but you also have to realize ours, its not that it looks like a boy or girl hat, its the point of what hat it is! So many ppl have been waiting for that hat to come out and now to only make it available to the boys is ridiculous, I would com pair to to INFERNO coming out for girls only, and if it did I would be the first to write in about that too!

I wouldn't want all skirts only either, but I think she was doing more of a park ride comparison. Like the HM outfit...in the park ride, male CMs wear the suit, female CMs wear dresses. So it did seem kinda funny the suit was a unisex one in the game (at least to me it did).

that is what I was saying. I don't mind girls given pants with the outfits (some should have pants) but to me they just look more boy like with those ones. No biggie if a girl wears it since its their choice but I rather run around in my princess dress. :upsidedow I would like to see the boys get prince outfits to match each princess one we have been given too. Of course I would really prefer to be running around looking like the Evil Queen but that isn't happening obvioulsy. :rolleyes:

I for one can't wait to get my bandana! :banana: I would LOVE to have the pirate hat with bird but hey, it is what it is. If it's boys only, it's boys only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter