New Limited Time Magic for "the big game"

asianway

Kungaloosh!
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ion-begins-today-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Beginning today, you can see a super pre-parade celebration just ahead of the daily performances of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” parade at Magic Kingdom Park. It’ll feature Disney football star Goofy and some Central Florida youth football champions. You can also expect to see Walt Disney World Resort cheerleaders and two of the nuttiest referees this side of the 50-yard line and other character favorites.

The pre-parade will run for a limited time – through February 3 – and lead up to a special ticker-tape parade down Main Street, U.S.A., after the big game on February 4. Watch the Disney Parks Blog for more information on that parade.

Also, during this time, check out Cosmic Rays new menu items that commemorate the super Sunday celebration. Special “Soup-er Bowls” representing the teams will be available for one-week only, from February 1 – 9. Savor the Lobster Bisque and Tomato Basil Bisque only available as part of our “Limited Time Magic” celebration.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ion-begins-today-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Beginning today, you can see a super pre-parade celebration just ahead of the daily performances of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” parade at Magic Kingdom Park. It’ll feature Disney football star Goofy and some Central Florida youth football champions. You can also expect to see Walt Disney World Resort cheerleaders and two of the nuttiest referees this side of the 50-yard line and other character favorites.

The pre-parade will run for a limited time – through February 3 – and lead up to a special ticker-tape parade down Main Street, U.S.A., after the big game on February 4. Watch the Disney Parks Blog for more information on that parade.

Also, during this time, check out Cosmic Rays new menu items that commemorate the super Sunday celebration. Special “Soup-er Bowls” representing the teams will be available for one-week only, from February 1 – 9. Savor the Lobster Bisque and Tomato Basil Bisque only available as part of our “Limited Time Magic” celebration.

:confused3

Vote for a logo....and now this? This is becoming more and more lame each week. What a disappointment. I have no confidence it will be anything good when we arrive in the World 60 days from now.

My math might be wrong, but it seems like they have something kind of good, then bad promotions for 2 weeks. Then something kind of good again, then another 2 weeks of bad.

Just for the record, the ones I am counting as kind of good are the long lost friends week, and valentines week. I think those are both pretty good promotions.

Is there a place that lists what they have had...and what they are going to have?

Disney has only announced three of the events for the entire year. A major part of the frustration for many with this promotion is that they are not announcing what the other events are until about 2-3 days in advance. You will not be able to plan any trips around it unless you are a local.

thanks kenny...I love lists...

We are going in June and I have already picked my park days...but if it was something "good" would love to take advantage of it but dont want to be switching things up 2 days before...oh well

Disney has only announced three of the events for the entire year. A major part of the frustration for many with this promotion is that they are not announcing what the other events are until about 2-3 days in advance. You will not be able to plan any trips around it unless you are a local.

Disney has SO MANY offerings and special events every year that we can / have to plan ahead for... Isn't the whole idea of this promotion that it will be a little surprise -- a little something extra -- added during your trip that you HADN'T planned on, but that you may want to check out? That's how I understood it. :confused3

Disney has SO MANY offerings and special events every year that we can / have to plan ahead for... Isn't the whole idea of this promotion that it will be a little surprise -- a little something extra -- added during your trip that you HADN'T planned on, but that you may want to check out? That's how I understood it. :confused3

I understand that completely. But that is not how most posters on this uber-planning-crazy board think. We will be answering this same question over and over again all year long as a result.

I understand that completely. But that is not how most posters on this uber-planning-crazy board think. We will be answering this same question over and over again all year long as a result.

I guess that's why my answer starts with something along the lines of this is not meant to be something to plan around... ;)

Maybe a good reason for a sticky since this promotion will run all year... that can start with what this promotion is ACTUALLY INTENDED TO BE... followed by a list of those that have taken place and the few upcoming ones that have been announced.

Year of the Ear”
1 Bling in the New Year Dec 30 to Jan 5 Chip n Dale, Elvis Stitch (began 2nd day) stilt walkers and countdowns each hour.
Nothing Jan 5 to 13
2 Winter Wonderland Jan 14 to 20 Chip n Dale, Daisy and Donald with 'snow'
3 Long-lost Friends Jan 21 to 27 Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Prince John, Sherrif of Nottingham, Ludwig Von Drake, Scrooge McDuck, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Jiminy Cricket, Fiddler, Fifer, Practical, Big Bad Wolf
4 Vote for 2014 Logo Jan 25 to 31
5 Limited Time Magic Background Jan 31 until?
6 Super Bowl pre-parade Feb 1 to 4 Pre-parade with characters, Super Bowl MVP, “Limited Time” soups
Nothing
7 True Love Week Feb 11 to 17 Princes, special meals and castle lighting

I guess that's why my answer starts with something along the lines of this is not meant to be something to plan around... ;)

Maybe a good reason for a sticky since this promotion will run all year... that can start with what this promotion is ACTUALLY INTENDED TO BE... followed by a list of those that have taken place and the few upcoming ones that have been announced.

The same thought is included in every answer of mine (including the one you quoted) since I started fielding questions about LTM a couple of months ago.

Most people don't notice the stickies either, so I don't think that'll help much.

That would be sweet. Then I can definitively tell if I'm right about 2 weeks off, 1 week on with the good stuff.

I think that idea only works with Star Trek movies (odds bad, evens good).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter