New Meember?

Canuck Bob

Earning My Ears
We have our membership package being sent to us. My wife and I have seen BWV in the past but have not seen WLV. We would like to purchase before the point rate increase at the beginning of June. We will apply the savings in the rate increase plus the cost of a trip to WLV and purchase additional points. My problem is I have never purchased anything sight unseen. I am placing a lot of faith in the fact that we have seen BWV, plus Disney's reputation. Your comments eh! please and thankyou:D

We bought sight-unseen at VWL. We trusted that Disney would put together a fantastic resort that we would not be dissapointed in. We have since SEEN VWL and we were NOT dissapointed. It's everything we expected. Room wise, they are the same set up as BWV, just different themeing. We love WL and the decor, so were quite pleased with how the villas looked.

HTH,
ohiominnie :p

We just purchased at WLV without seeing them inside, but WL has been our favorite resort, and we knew that's what we wanted as our 'home' when we found out the villas were being built. Have you seen WL? If you haven't seen it or the property, you need to know that it is quite different from BWV. It's very quiet, and we always feel like we're totally removed from WDW. It's like being on two vacations -- WDW and a secluded lodge. It's also more rustic and casual, with darker furniture. Some people find that depressing, and feel that OKW and BWV are brighter, with a summer/beach feeling. Some people like the choice of restaurants and activities available by staying in the BWV area, and I have to admit that I do like to spend some time staying in that area, too. We expect to use our points there sometimes.
I don't have any qualms about purchasing without seeing the inside, because the general room arrangement and size sounds similar to BWV. I expect the quality of the WLVs to meet the standards of the other vacation properties. However, the atmosphere will be very different. We've watched the progress of the construction and it appears that the rooms generally have a view of woods or the pool, or perhaps the bus stop area (through the trees). I haven't read of anyone who said they had a lake-view room (can't figure out WHY they didn't design some of the rooms to have a water view!).
Good luck!

hi: we had purchased at bwv sight unseen and hadn't been disappointed at all. now they have the models for vwl at the bw and we got to sneak a peek there during the first week of may. we also got to look at the units at vwl when we stopped at whispering canyon for lunch. the pictures really don't do the rooms justice. they are basically the same as bwv, just a minor change in the bathrooms of the 1&2br units. there is a seperate enclosure for the toilet behind a door. i don't think you'll be disappointed at all if you are buying where you will want to stay the most. we've always loved wl and would spend a couple days there during some of our vacations; now that we have the vwl there, maybe we'll be using some of our points for stays there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter