New option offers alternative to borrowing vacation points

wickesy

<font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y
I just saw this in an email from DVC:

Disney Vacation Club® has created a convenient new solution for Members who find themselves in need of additional vacation points to book a reservation.

This new option, designed as an alternative to borrowing from next year's allotment, allows Members the option of paying for a one-time assignment of as many as 24 vacation points from Disney Vacation Development, Inc., for $15 a vacation point ($13.33 plus $1.67 tax) to complete their reservation. (A receipt is available upon request.)

Members may use these vacation points to book Disney Vacation Club Resorts, Disney Collection Resorts, Disney Cruise Line® voyages, Adventures by Disney experiences and World Passport Collection resorts.

Note that this option is available once each use year, and the transferred vacation points are assigned only for the specific use year and therefore expire when used.

More details here

It's expensive when the going rate here is around $10 per point but I suppose as it's official it offers more peace of mind. :confused3 So would anybody here consider 'buying' points to make up a lack of points for one stay? What about an option to 'sell' points back to Disney if you're not using them.

::yes::i would buy the extra points - in fact if theyd brought this out earlier - would have had a savannah view at AKL for one more night as was 4 points too few and were already borrowed out. Doesnt seem to matter how much you have always need more

We just got the email too. I think it's a great idea as it saves you having to pay for a cash night if you are just a few point short as we sometimes have been. Additionally, it can be very difficult to get a transfer for a very small number of points due to the restrictions over transfers.

I'm all for it and can see us making good use of this over the years :thumbsup2

I agree that it's a good idea and also agree that maybe it's a tad expensive - but I have been pointing up what I need for January and this will make a huge difference as I was just a few points short of what I wanted (and this was by borrowing from 2011 too!!) to stay at BCV / BWV for the whole holiday rather than stay somewhere cheaper for the first few days to save my points.

So it's back to the drawing board to see if this might help! :banana:

It may be more expensive than renting from another member, but it's hassle free. I think it's an excellent option for acquiring precisely the number of points you need to make up a small shortfall.

If I was a few points short, I could definitely see myself taking advantage of this.

A great idea for those small shortfalls. We have run short a couple of times where we have moved or made compromises rather than rent points for a <15 point shortfall.

Did everyone get this email? I don't remember it, but it's a nice option to add for our use. We have added cash nights before and I think this would be more economical.

Another vote from us:thumbsup2Not used our points yet but the way its going may need to buy afew next year so a good idea we thinks

I used this when I booked this years trip, I was about 4 points short so worked out nicely :thumbsup2

Started booking my vacation yesterday and it was perfect timing as I'll be 7 points short of getting the last day on my vacation.

Now I could stay off site for a little less but I'd not stay in less than a $99 room so to me an extra $6 to be able to stay at OKW is great!

Yes, I think it is a super convenient option if you are short only a few points. The $15/point is a small premium for the added convenience.

Just bought a few points to get the last day of my vacation so I thought you'd like to know how it went.

I went through MS as normal, checked the availability of the room I wanted and then said I'd like to buy 7 points to complete my reservation.

Steve at MS transferred me to someone in 'support' which took a while (about 5 mins) I must admit but once we got through it was pretty straight forward, give them the card details, wait while they tell me the spiel about it being a final transaction, etc. the points were added to my current use year then Steve took over the call again and finished the reservation.

Apart from the wait for someone to take the money it was pretty painless with no real faffing around.

Of course your mileage may vary but as we don't pay for the call a bit of a wait to get the points isn't a biggie.

That is great to know! Thanks for the reply and we hope that you have a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter