New Priority seating policy

mhaley

Mouseketeer
I just read on Mousesavers that there is a new priority seating policy for guests staying at Disney resorts. They are now able to make all of their restaurant "reservations" at the 90 day mark for their entire stay. So on day 90 of the first day, they can make PS's for the next ten days. Does this appy to DVC members? If the regular resort guests can book for their entire stay then how will DVC members ever get a chance at a tough ticket such as CRT? Just want to be prepared for calling at 7am to find out that their were no PS's to be given out. :: :sad2:

I would imagine that if it applies to all Disney resorts that includes Disney DVC resorts. I cannot image that DVC would be left out of such an arrangement, they do want our $$'s

In order to use this new system, they have to call up your room reservation to verify the dates, etc. My question is if wdw-dine will have access to DVC reservations or if we would have to call member services (which doesn't open until 9:00am).

If this is the case it would work great for most DVC members because we usually have longer stays than the people at the other resorts. But the way I read this, if you wanted CRT for the second day of your trip, it may be harder to get, unless you were allowed to call at 99 days out (or however that exactly ended up being).

I've read so many "what if's" on this subject that my head is spinning. I've read that if you have two reservations (like we do in November/December--POR for a few days and then over to BCV) then you have to still call back twice as the 90 window will apply to each reservation...what? I'm glad I have a month or so before I start booking. Of course, I have Thanksgiving as the second day of my stay--bad for me now that many folks will be able to book Thanksgiving dinner before I will be able to. However, we will be at WDW....enough said....

mhaley said:
I just read on Mousesavers that there is a new priority seating policy for guests staying at Disney resorts. They are now able to make all of their restaurant "reservations" at the 90 day mark for their entire stay. So on day 90 of the first day, they can make PS's for the next ten days. Does this appy to DVC members? If the regular resort guests can book for their entire stay then how will DVC members ever get a chance at a tough ticket such as CRT? Just want to be prepared for calling at 7am to find out that their were no PS's to be given out. :: :sad2:
This is awesome! I hope this applies to DVC stays!

trampslady said:
I've read so many "what if's" on this subject that my head is spinning. I've read that if you have two reservations (like we do in November/December--POR for a few days and then over to BCV) then you have to still call back twice as the 90 window will apply to each reservation...what? I'm glad I have a month or so before I start booking. Of course, I have Thanksgiving as the second day of my stay--bad for me now that many folks will be able to book Thanksgiving dinner before I will be able to. However, we will be at WDW....enough said....
For most issues, Disney officially treats stays at different resorts as separate stays and at the same resort even in different units types as a continuous stay. Of course this has been when it was to THEIR advantage with dining programs and the like. How they will apply it in this case is anyone's guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter