*New* Quick-Service Dining Card - interesting...

Interesting, I got a lot of skepticism when I suggested that this was a direction that Disney might go after they suspended DDP

Saw this was on the Disney site and sounds more like a pre-paid gift card since it doesn't list beverage, meal, dessert or food specifics that are included, but rather just a pre-loaded value card..

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/g...RUrlVm0lgHOG_yqBaWwtKINjw6Josmw3ZmVULSghlcc3A
View attachment 555291
View attachment 555292
View attachment 555293
View attachment 555294
Yea a prepaid card but $675 for $587.50? That's a pretty good discount. Right @ 13%. combine that with 5% off Disney GCs from Target - not to mention the other ways to save then it sounds pretty good.

Now, will they open it to DVC stays?

How to Purchase a Dine Card
When you book a Walt Disney World vacation package at an eligible hotel, you can add a Dine Card for each person in your party ages 3 and older. This option can be added up to 5 days in advance of your stay.
Value & Price
These gift cards have a value of $40 per adult (ages 10 and up) per day and $15 per child (ages 3 to 9) per day—which is more than the price you pay for the card.
For example, if you have a party of 2 adults, one 12-year-old and one 8-year-old, and you select the 5-Day Dine Card, you’d get 3 cards with a value of $200 each and one card with a $75 value. That’s a total value of $675—at a cost of just $587.50.
Know Before You Purchase
Please review important information about the Dine Card:
  • Limit one Dine Card per Guest.
  • Check with individual Quick-Service dining locations for program participation before redemption.
  • Except as required by applicable law, the Disney Quick-Service Dine Card is not redeemable for cash and can’t be replaced if lost, damaged or stolen without required proof of purchase and the complete Quick-Service Dine Card number.
  • The Dine Card may not be resold or used towards the purchase of any gift certificates or gift cards.

Yea a prepaid card but $675 for $587.50? That's a pretty good discount. Right @ 13%. combine that with 5% off Disney GCs from Target - not to mention the other ways to save then it sounds pretty good.
Im assuming you're combining it with a 5% Disney GC from Target to PAY for the Disney resort package?

and is it ODD or is just me that you CANT use this at a Disney resort but it's ONLY for hotels outside the Disney bubble..

Im assuming you're combining it with a 5% Disney GC from Target to PAY for the Disney resort package?

and is it ODD or is just me that you CANT use this at a Disney resort but it's ONLY for hotels outside the Disney bubble..

View attachment 555303
But not "eligible" at the same hotel's restaurants? lol

Important Information
The Disney Quick-Service Dining Card is not redeemable at restaurants and food service locations at the following:
  • Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels
  • Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
  • Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels
  • Walt Disney World Official Hotels at Bonnet Creek
  • Walt Disney World Gateway Hotels
  • Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels

Interesting, I got a lot of skepticism when I suggested that this was a direction that Disney might go after they suspended DDP

Ya it's not offered for normal bookings though. It's pretty much a "perk" if you use a TA. Unless I am reading it wrong. It should be a standard add-on option for anyone who wants it.

But not "eligible" at the same hotel's restaurants? lol

Important Information
The Disney Quick-Service Dining Card is not redeemable at restaurants and food service locations at the following:
  • Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels
  • Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
  • Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels
  • Walt Disney World Official Hotels at Bonnet Creek
  • Walt Disney World Gateway Hotels
  • Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels
RIGHT! seems a little crazy and not something we'd use anyway!

:crazy2: :crazy2:

Ya it's not offered for normal bookings though. It's pretty much a "perk" if you use a TA. Unless I am reading it wrong. It should be a standard add-on option for anyone who wants it.
so are you seeing it as a perk of encouraging folks to book at non-Disney bubble hotels?? I wonder why they're pushing those with this and not their own Disney hotels? Maybe they see that folks are coming there and they don't need the incentive??

so are you seeing it as a perk of encouraging folks to book at non-Disney bubble hotels?? I wonder why they're pushing those with this and not their own Disney hotels? Maybe they see that folks are coming there and they don't need the incentive??

I didn't even think of it that way... that makes it even more odd. Your right why would you give people a "bonus" option to stay away from their own resorts...

I didn't even think of it that way... that makes it even more odd. Your right why would you give people a "bonus" option to stay away from their own resorts...

yeah..I got nothing there.....I just don't get it...

maybe since there are still some Disney hotels closed??? It doesn't list a set of dates this is valid, so who knows what Disney is thinking or not thinking with this one??

:confused3 :confused3

It's seems like it might have been around for a bit. The site says that if you're staying on property to take advantage of a dining plan. This card seems like a way to get people who are staying off property already to buy into a gift card they can only use at disney restaurants. They probably figured better to give a discount and get those people spending on property.

It's seems like it might have been around for a bit. The site says that if you're staying on property to take advantage of a dining plan. This card seems like a way to get people who are staying off property already to buy into a gift card they can only use at disney restaurants. They probably figured better to give a discount and get those people spending on property.

I didnt even scroll all the way down to the bottom to see this...

It mentions you can take advantage of DINING PLAN OPTIONS including the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan...

and then you can click over to this page:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/quick-service-dining-plan/

So... is this QS dining plan available right now?

EDIT: Guess not...
I dont think that the QS dining plan is available now and its confusing since the links in the Quick Service dining card page takes you to the QS dining plan but I'm assuming this QS dining card is available now as long as you book the appropriate hotel:

I really wish the DP was back... this will be the first trip not having it and I am already stressed having to look at the menu prices... lol
I know what you mean! We were dedicated Deluxe Dining lovers and no dining plan has been an adjustment!

I bring ALL the money on Disney gift cards and just swipe at the end of the meal! AND....our kids are older, the 18 yr old went on our trip in December, and we still spent less on eating what we wanted than we used to on the DxDP....

and we have DVC and AP discounts so that helps too!

I know what you mean! We were dedicated Deluxe Dining lovers and no dining plan has been an adjustment!

I bring ALL the money on Disney gift cards and just swipe at the end of the meal! AND....our kids are older, the 18 yr old went on our trip in December, and we still spent less on eating what we wanted than we used to on the DxDP....

and we have DVC and AP discounts so that helps too!

It helped us also by getting it "free" with promotions. I would've paid out of pocket for it this trip though JUST to avoid the stress when ordering. We set aside what we think we will need with everyone ordering the more expensive items (to be safe). But I know there will be moments when I skip something I may want just to go with a cheaper item.

DONT DO IT! Just buy the lobster...you know you want it!

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I am going to keep reminding myself that an extra bit here and there won't matter in the end due to how much we already spent. I mean what's another 20 per meal when you already dropped thousands lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter